Sunday, March 10, 2024

Mariano Sánchez - Wood elves - Falconers, Warrior kinband, Archer

 Rank and File month #II


A real miscelanea of wood elves...


Hi!!!


This time the end of February has really been so close for me . I have been working on another project besides the wood elves army (yes, there is life out off Athel Loren too) and, for a while, I was thinking in using a Wild card. But my wife "allow" me to have some extra time and I have been able to finish it.


What have I painted this month...?

As you can see, I spent this month with three diferents color schemen! One of my warrior kinbands has been unfinished since my first OWAC (June 2021) and it was time to finish it. I continued with some transformed wood elves to have 5 Falconers. So I needed one more miniature and I choose a fifth edition archer to use it as an archer or a a Hero with bow (didn´t have any!!!).


Current situation of the painting list:

10 Glade runners (musics and standard bearers) - 192
4 Warrior kinband - 52 
1 Archer - 16
5 Falconers - 78

Time to show you some pics:


I´m very proud of this unit!






Hope you like them!

For the next month, I think heroes on horse are chosen one. I hate painting horse so I´m gonna need some extra time to get over the boriness...

12 comments:

  1. Great work this month. I love your model choice for the Falconers. I like how your bases set the tone for where these Elves are. Awesome work over all. I cant wait to see what you do with your Glade Riders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bold use of light and shade. Every mini is like a Caravaggio painting. You manage to convey such a sense of a dark and mystical forest these Wood Elves live in. You're the Wood Elf master!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly mad to attempt that much NMM on an army... but fair play you are certainly carrying it off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks that you spent more time on one mini than I on whole unit. Effect is astonishing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those shields are absolutely beautiful. Stunning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see that unit expanded, it's glorious and you are right to be proud of it. Nice work on the falconer conversions, too - something missing from my own army plans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing as always... And the conversion... so simple and perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you really should be proud for that unit! It looks magical. The spears caught my eye already in the first picture and I can't stop looking at them

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great conversions for the Falconers!
    Those spearmen are probably my favourite Jes Goodwin figures and I can't think of any way you could improve on those units... just superb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Top work as always. The golden guard look stylish and impressive. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning job as always. You are the OWAC Wood Elf master. I really do need to steal your basing recipe as I'm likely to rip it off whole-cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a majestic sight to see every month! Insane work!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog