Friday, March 8, 2024

PaulM - Mórr's Wild Hunt (132 pts) - R&F month 2

Month two and it's by the skin of my teeth yet again. I did manage to 'finish' 10 archers for the Wild Hunt (including command) but there is still some tarting up required on the metallics and the bows as both have only a basecoat or basecoat and wash. Certainly the unit is good enough for the tabletop but it does need that extra little bit to call it fully complete. 

As before the bases are unfinished as I'm wanting to get all my core stuff together and get them varnished in one go, so it will be a while yet. I've also not decided precisely how I'm going to tackle the basing and so the varnish issue is allowing me to continue kicking that can down the road. 


Rank and File Month #2 is The Pine Crags Kindred

10 Archers, with standard and musician - 132pts


I've struggled with time this month as I wasn't able to pick up my paintbrushes until well after the mid-point of the month and as such overall progress has suffered. Particularly as not once was I able to get into my hobby grotto and do some airbrush work. This has meant that my tribute is, as yet, unpainted (though I have at least managed to strip most of the Gloss Humbrol enamel its previous owner had slathered it with). 

Oops

Next month's plans are as follows:

  • Paint my tribute [PRIORITY 01]
  • 5 Glade Riders with command
  • Bonus Treeman (?)

9 comments:

  1. It's a good looking unit again, I'm glad you could finish the month. Hopefully you have more hobby time next month as I'd love to see the treeman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have struggled, but you survived. I really like the miniatures you are using and I dig the warpaint. Great job this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you made the deadline! The spring palette works really well on these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is good OWACking. You stayed in the challenge despite the odds and put up minis that others would be very proud of, even if you want to go back and add some details later. This is the way people complete OWACs, not by being a perfectionist and going out in February. Good work and lovely Wood Elves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep at it! If you feel like you're only doing the bare minimum, rest assured that you're exceeding it because these are beautifully painted. You're a credit to Team Wood Elves :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think these will look lovely when based, keep at it, can't wait to see them completed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grenadier elves are top notch and you painted them really well. I like the red warpaints also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to echo stuntcat in saying that is some great OWACing this month. Way to get through (and still keep that handy mulligan in the back pocket)!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog