Friday, March 8, 2024

Pokrzyw's Druchii - Month 2 - Rank & File - Spears & Xbows (1204 pts)

"Almost all Dark Elves, both man and woman, are deadly and extremely dangerous fighters, equally adept with sword, spear or their famous repeater crossbow. At times of war almost  the entire  Dark Elf population can be called to arms.. "



Plans for February:

Lessons learned - first months shall have all miniatures that goes with great numbers. As I create the defensive list with common troops, I planned to have four units - two mixed city guards, bigger block of spearmen, and separate unit of crossbowmen. It could be also transformed in four units of city guards. I previous edition (fifth) I left with some miniatures that I cannot paint because of monotony. 

I have also one remaining from January secondary objective - sorcerer with nice spear.

  • sorcerer (59)

Primary:

  • 10 city guards ( 5 spears +5 xbows) (130) + surprise (56)
  • 10 city guards ( 5 spears +5 xbows) (130) + surprise (56)



Secondary:

  • 11 xbowmans fcg (169) + champion (53)
  • 14 spearmans (399) + champion (52)

Bonus ( one bolt thrower from April):

  • Repeater Bolt Thrower (100)

Realisation:

I started with both units of city guards and assassins to be sure that I would have primary objective done. Valentine's day gave that two photos that means that I passed "have to" part of Rank & File no 2.




But still I have something to do in remaining two weeks (left tray WIP of sec objective, right tray with 6ed miniatures for local league).


In last week I was able to paint it, First time I created banners using aluminium from coke can. hard to cut, but I was positive surprised comparing to thick paper (smooth texture).


Final gallery

I'm disappointed with quality of photos - cloudy day and I didn't realised that there was some grease on lens..


All forces done in this month in defensive formation.

Another perspective

Commanding sorcerer

Xbowmans

Dragon banner


All forces of Druchii in OWAC 7

Some witches around

Rainforcements from another era


Final result of the month:

Points (1204) (1605 TOTAL from the beginning of OWAC7)

  • 10 city guards (5 xbows + 5 spears) - (130)
  • 10 city guards (5 xbows + 5 spears) - (130)
  • 11 xbows (169) + champion (53) 
  • 14 spearmans (399) + champion (52)
  • sorcerer (59)
  • assassin (56)
  • assassin (56)
  • repeater bolt thrower (100)
Bonus level 😜 (out of OWAC):

In this month in addition to OWAC I've painted 6th edition Mengil Manhide's Manflayers (count as a shades) + sorceress for local ToW escalation league.

Mengil Manhide's Manflayers
Closeup

Plans for March

Time for heavy cavalry - elves on dinosaures. Lasers replaced by dark magic. Last unit of infatry in addition. I wait for one miniature that could introduce some wildness. Would be a lot of fun.

primary:

  • 4 cold one knights fcg (228) + champion (74)
  • general on cold one (lance, xbow, shield, h.armour) (179)

secondary:

  • sorceress on cold one (xbow) (72) - would be stripped..
  • 9 dark elf warriors fcg (shields) (121) + champion (52)


14 comments:

  1. You have painted more in this one month than some people paint in an entire OWAC! Outstanding. You Sorcerer is just awesome. Well done good sir, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another amazingly productive month! They look awesome. Great work on the Sorcerer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *planning revenge for this ungodly amount of miniatures painted...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you not sleep? Amazing output. There's almost more there than will be in my entire army. Love the Manflayers too, I've got a unit that I'm also planning as running as shades (or possibly corsairs) in ToW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Impressive stuff, and personally I love the photos. Gardenhammer for the win! Bonus points for pushing yourself with a new material for the banners. I use foil from wine bottles or tomato puree tubes but might have to try a coke can at some point :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bloody Hell! HUGE amount of painting, and all to such a high standard. Superb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is how you OWAC! What a fantastic effort - I think this month you've posted as much as I have in two, and people think *I* work fast. And everything looks so good!

    I've never tried coke cans for banners, interesting idea. Was it hard to get it flat instead of curved? Was it hard not to slice your fingers open? Way back in the day we used to use toothpaste tubes or similar (back when they were still metal) but it was hard to flatten the creases out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can's are quite flexible. you may use standard scissors to cut it.

      Delete
  8. What a formidable host, lovely colours. Just a pleasure to see

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quantity and quality and even scenery... everything is so 5th ed here, amazing work !

    ReplyDelete
  10. It takes a while to process what you have done here. Very impressive. The army shot in the end will be epic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many guys in only 2 months!! :| I'm really impressed by your painting also, they look so good and you managed to do so much of them. Well done, that's a great achievment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daaaang, what an output. Your Host is formidable indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog