Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Ben's Eldar - OWAC VII - Rank and File Month 3

"Nearby atop a great butte, Dark Reapers arranged in three-man fireteams, stood immobile as statues.  Their massive forms radiated menace yet their presence was strangely reassuring.  Karhedron knew no enemy could approach without being the target of their missile launchers."

This month I've mostly been painting Aspect Warriors, with some non-standard colours to follow the army's blue-green-yellow-white colour scheme.  I started with some Fire Dragons including Phoenix Lord Fuegan.  When I got him with some other models, his gun was broken and power weapon missing, so I fixed him up with a sword and the end of a Guardian meltagun:


Inspired by the green elements on Fuegan, I painted another squad light green, and picked up a later edition Exarch to accompany them - not a Jes Goodwin sculpt, but nice for variety:



To match my Dark Reapers, I had converted an Exarch with a Missile Launcher and added Range Finder vanes to his helmet.  Instead of his pistol, I gave him a chainsword to help defend them at close quarters:


Looking for a colour scheme for my custom Aspect Warriors, I searched for pictures of desert lizards.  I found a rock lizard with a bright blue body and yellow head, and thought this would look striking:


I finished off another Warlock - these are definitely my favourite sculpts.  And finally, as I enjoyed painting Fuegan so much, as a bonus treat I picked up a model of Maugan Ra and after a bath in paint stripper, gave him a quick bone and dark blue paint job:


March total: 1,414 points 
(though I'd have to paint up a lot more squads & support to include all these characters...)

Warlock, Witch Blade – 66 pts
Exarch, Dark Reaper Range Finder, Missile Launcher – 100 pts
Exarch, Web of Skulls, Chainsword – 77 pts
Exarch, Fire Pike, Melta Bombs – 80 pts
Exarch, Flamer, Melta Bombs – 64 pts
Fuegan – 176 pts
Maugan Ra – 179 pts

8 Fire Dragons – 112 pts
8 Fire Dragons – 112 pts
4 Dark Reapers – 268 pts
4 Sun Basilisks - 180 pts (estimated!)

7 comments:

  1. Great work this month. Your conversions are on point. Maugan Ra is just badass. Go Team Eldar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stuff. Really enjoying the use of bright yet muted colours on these units, it's a good look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg!!! So many miniatures, so many points!!! Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your varying colour schemes with yellow helmets tying everything together. Looking forward to the army pic in the end

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing progress!! I particularly love the Sun Basilisks - very cool concept and nice conversions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got a soft spot for these JG sculpts - I have a big army of them in cases somewhere. You've done a terrific job on them and the transfers on the helmets are the icing on the cake, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really interesting finish to the bright but muted paintjobs - it feels like "realistic Eldar" somehow. I hope that makes sense. Fuegan particularly works well in that style. I agree with other comments - really well conceived and executed conversions.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog