Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Mariano Sánchez - Wood Elves - Heroes time!

Heroes month


 

Three champions and two wizards, FULL!

This March I stopped a little bit my painting frecuency due to my lazyness and a really bad planification (Easter Hollidays???) but I was able to finish 5 of 6 mounted heroes. If I look at it from an optimistic point of view, I´m very happy with the result (only 10 days of painting); If I look at it from an pessimistic point of view, I have extra work for nect month.


What have I painted this month...?

Stuff I didn´t have time to paint in my crazy second OWAC "painting horses without stop". The principal difficult was to achieve same color schemme on the heroes related to specific units, I think I have success on the one with the axe and the one with the sword but I forget to do it to the one with the "Doom arrow" (a classic magic item on Wood Elves army). With the magicians I had total freedom, I just had to avoid repeating the colors of the other mounted mages painted before.


Current situation of the painting list:


  • 10 Glade Guards (musics and standard bearers) - 192
  • 4 Warrior kinband - 52 
  • 1 Archer - 16
  • 5 Falconers - 78
  • Sylvan Chieftain mounted - 182
  • Wood Lord mounted - 143
  • Wood Lord mounted - 142
  • Sylphseer mounted - 210
  • Sylphseer mounted - 210


Time to show you some pics:





And the Heroes with their related units





Hope you like them!

Three months ahead to finish but I must confess I have began to feel a little bit tired of painting Elves. Don´t know which unit is goung to be painted next month but I´m sure I want to push hard in order to have an easy last month.

11 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous lot! I think my favourite is the axe guy, but they all look great as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariano amazing work.... I love everything... the painting of course, but I think I even love your conversions more !!!! You drive me crazy !!! But Now you've given me an idea for my dark elves.... build a dark riders complete army based on old elven knights !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work as always! A joy to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice work again! There is so much to marvel in all of the pictures. I love the varying colours in the chain mails and blades, the shields and well, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning work, as always! The balance of tones and colours is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are an absolute work of art buddy - kudos !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunningly beautiful! So well matched to their units (I think Doom Arrow fits in just fine!) and as always your use of shadow and light, and the multicoloured reflections and shadows of tree dappled sunlight just give the whole set a genuinely magical feel. The basing is on point too!

    Just perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang in there it will be worth it when you see all of the work you have put in over the past few months. I will be looking at your army when I go back to painting my Wood Elves. Your color choices for the horses are awesome. I always struggle to make mine different looking. Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many beautiful things !!! brilliant work, as always, congratz !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Evocative, atmospheric, very impressive. I love the tone

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog