Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Anthony’s Orcs and Goblins - Of Crossbows and Chariots (234.5 pts)

Well, here we are at month's end of OWAC II, and I've managed to paint up some Orc Arrer boyz (with crossbows) and a couple of goblin chariots. I just love these particular orc sculpts and, since this will be a detachment of an existing army, I've kept a consistent color scheme of muted earthy tones with orange as the spot color.

Poky Git's crossbow orcs (126.5 pts)
Why 11 orcs rather than 10? Why not?
Backing up this fine firing squad are 2 goblin chariots. I was advised by better generals than myself that these guys should be run in units of two (like I ever game ...). And it just so happened that I recently acquired 2 of these chariots. Perfect!



2 goblin chariots (108 pts) 






And here they are with the two that I have that are already painted

Not sure what I'm going to paint for February, since I have quite a busy month coming up. I'd hate to be the first in the challenge to utter the 'M' word. Then again, perhaps better army selection for the painting challenge would have been the smart thing to do ...

15 comments:

  1. That's a glorious entry! Quantity and quality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking start! I've always a soft spot for these, and any O&G, although I can't help but notice a distinguished dwarf impaled upon one of your chariots. This cannot stand, and it has been noted...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fav chariots, ever really. Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant work. One option for February is to work on enough figures to cover March and April but not finish any of them by the end of February. Then take your mulligan in February - hopefully you have done enough in that month to make March and April’s targets manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work. I love the skin work on your Arrer boyz! This is going to be a force to be reckoned with on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the kind comments

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those old crossbow orcs! Great work on them and the chariots. The bases really tie them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks really good. Excellent work. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. good stuff all around, but I especially like the chariots. I really dig the classic little details like the shrooms and the subtle color on the orc lips.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent. I especially like the crossbow boys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soldier on there buddy! It will be a proper Waaagh before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great stuff Anthony. They go to 11 because, Orcs! How can you not have goblin chariots?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Impressive output at that quality - they really look the business!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent job! I really like those orcs

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog