Sunday, February 24, 2019

Andrea's Chaos Warrios (192 points)

Dear All, 

here is my February entry: a nice Chaos warriors units!


Well, back in the days there were pictures of Chaos army that fascinated me a lot and that will always represent, in my mind, THE Chaos army. 
Here are a couple of examples from the army book of the 4th edition WHFB:





massive use of red, black and gold/brass, bright colours, not entirely Khorne not really classic metal armour (as it will be later, in the 5th edition style).









Like a maniple of bastards that want to be seen in the middle of battlefield!






So, here my new unit, painted like those represented in the army book: red and black with yellow and grey highlights, respectively.  Oh Lord (of Change), what a joy has been painting them! This month was like an old  dream coming true, and now I am happy of the results.


Let me know introduce them (names taken from Stuff of Legends catalog pictures: Citadel Journal Spring 1987).
To start with, here are Eric Umbrand Earthshaker & Slambo. No need of too much presentations, especially the second. Very classic, very iconic, very simple painting to honour them. These, I think, are the quintessence of Chaos warriors!


Then, Morlock Soul Reaper and Krontharg Horhelm. These are two particular warriors, both with (ex)beastman pieces to ornate their armour: I like this mix of Chaos armour and beastman horns&fur (who knows how their future army mates beastmen will take it???). Moreover, I really like the weirdness of Morlock: a warrior fighting with a reaper is dreadful!


These are Haxrot Greenpiece and Khane the Mighty. They are the strange couple: the first is, comparatively, smaller than other warriors, the second... well, he's the Mighty! I particularly proud of Haxrot: I have painted, for the first time, a chess pattern on its shoulder pad and I am quite satisfied with the result! The second was gifted with the larger shield found in my bit box: it help to keep that mighty aura!


Finally, Marlockt Beastface and Boris Heartcleaver. Marlockt is a great piece: I really like that je-ne-se-quoi of orc-esque. Thus, I decided to at least paint hairs on the helm of orc-ish green. Boris is very elegant and simple: therefore, it was gifted with a shield with something particular on it, to break its monotonic lines.



Overall, here we have 8 warriors each worth 24 pointS for a gran total of 192 points.


So, I hope you like them as much as I like and enjoyed painting them! I think I need more of them... the list is not short, and it will be not for this OWAC but you never know!
Next month subject is still to be decided; the next two months could suddenly become intense, so I need to calibrate efforts and time! We'll see what happens and what will inspire me more.

Cheers, A.

14 comments:

  1. These look great. This is the era of when I played the most WFB. And I love that you went for that style. Well executed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simple, yet effective paint jobs you’ve given these classic chaos warriors. They are very striking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent. I agree with you about the 4th ed WHFB book pictures being most iconic of Chaos, for me personally. I think that the 4th edition chaos knights would go really well with this set of warriors, should you choose to include them in your army and paint them in a similar scheme. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so good, each an individual. My favorite is Beastface the orky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic. You've captured the best part of the red era - and that checkerboard pattern is ACE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice painting on some classic models. I've never really been into the "red period" of GW painting, but I think this is an exception and well done. It really suits the models.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job on these classic figures. I particularly liked the half black, half red scheme you came up with. Worthy of Chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe, that s my time too! The red period and the photos you put are what launched me into chaos myself. Really like your work so far. Please show us more (moaaar).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent paint work and color scheme! Some of my favorite old tin can wearers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Classic red period, very well executed. Checkerboard pattern is a lovely touch! :D

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog