Sunday, February 24, 2019

Sybou's rise of the undead part.2 or ... the short month (220pts)

Hello everyone,

so here we are, back for the 2nd month of the OWAC.
I 'm still in the race, painting my skeletons and undeads.

For this month I kept on painting my carrions which allowed me to finish the unit completly.
I 'm quite surprised that this is the first unit of undeads I finished because they're not my favorite.

Last Carrions

So, they still wear their yellow dress and hood. One of them is from Knightmare miniature. It was a present from their kickstarter Pantheon of chaos.

Carrions unit (180 pts)

So, this is my first unit for my undead army. Carrions are a really typical unit from the undead's era when i started warhammer. They were painted in all kind of colors by this time.

Then I got my skeletons, 11 more!


Skeletons

For this batch, I had 7 shields to paint. They all show the white swan of their former duchy. Only one of them has a kind of uniform, I stayed with brownish colors for the rags of the others.


Skeletons unit (232 pts)

Here is the unit so far. 22 skeletons. I still have 13 to paint to finish totally the unit.
I'm pretty happy with the result, I like seeing my unit growing in numbers with painted miniatures.

As a bonus, for the month, I painted my vampire lord. This guy is clearly out of the challenge because he costs a silly amount of points. He's sitting on a scibor base to make him stand out. 
All my heroes will receive this kind of base.

"Rise my slaves!!!"

Army group shot for end of february

So right now, I painted 420 pts of my army. Next month will be:
  • 13 skeletons with banner and musician: 165 pts
  • 1 skeletal champion: 55 pts

March's skeletons

I don't have the picture for the skeletal champion also this will have to wait for march.
I hope you all enjoyed my post. For the sequel of the challenge I plan to add other bonus like my vampire here and there. The plan is to take advantage of the energy given by the challenge to make big progress on the full army.

Soon ... Soon ...
Take care everyone, cheers!
Sybou

10 comments:

  1. Nice looking unit of skeletons, and it's great that you're using your enthusiasm to finish extra figures. The vampire is a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great work and you did an excellent Vampire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, and I too love that vampire. On a technical note, you might want to try and adjust the white balance or not photograph on a white background. Your camera is trying to compensate the white down to 18% Grey (standard 0EV) so it is making the rest of your photo look dark. If you are using your cell phone, Snapseed is an app that is really easy to use to make adjustments to your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sean. I downloaded snapseed and will try to use it next month. Here, i took photos outside but sun was fading and i was kind in difficulty. :(

      Delete
  4. Really nice. I always liked those Carrion but I could never find them even back in the day when they came out. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work, a flock of Carrions look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments, you guys. For March, i will try to paint a bonus unit! I ll see if i fail or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Busy month with excellent results!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant stuff - excellent use of the little guy from Knightmare Games: Pantheon of Chaos. Mine may yet make an appearance in the OWAC too!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog