Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Anthony’s March Orcs and Snotlings (260 points) and Mid-Challenge Picture

Well, I’m done for March. One of my busiest months work-wise, and remarkably I’m done by the middle of the month. I don’t know how that happened, but I’ll certainly take it. Perhaps my fear of the shame of a mulligan spurred me on to be extra productive. Well, enough psychology, more pictures.

Today I bring you two units. The first is a unit of orc Snortas. These are the elite orc cavalry of 3rd edition. I used the new orc cavalry from Knightmare Miniatures, as they are significantly larger than the marauder orc cavalry and thus more befitting of elite cav. I painted them in the same scheme as my Big ‘Uns (see pic at end of the post).

5 Snortas on warboars for 135 points



I’m stark contrast from a size perspective are these fellows. 5 bases of puny snotlings. I intentionally made their skin a different color (the old Snot green color) so that they would look like a different species from their Orc cousins. These are some of my favorite Oldhammer models. The sculpting is not the best, but their comic gestures are distinctly Oldhammer in spirit.


5 snotling bases at 25 points each for a total of 125 points

And last but not least, here is a group shot at half way through the challenge.



The list stands as follows:
  • 10 big 'uns = 95 pts
  • 5 snortas = 135 pts
  • 11 arrer boyz with crossbows = 126.5 pts
  • 2 goblin chariots = 108 pts
  • orc stone thrower = 42.5 pts
  • 5 snotting bases = 125 pts
That makes a total of 632 points

I must admit that I'm really getting burnt out painting green. I've prepped some undead and I hope to paint some of those models on the sidelines to get my painting mojo back on. Otherwise, I might have to pull the 'M' out for April after all.

Keep happy painting
-Anthony

13 comments:

  1. Impressive productivity to go with the quality of your painting!

    I understand the green burn-out, that's why I took a mulligan last year mid-challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look amazing! I hope the mojo comes back good and strong :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always hard with many figures. If it's any encouragement the army looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent OG army! Those new Goblin Wars Orcs are really great. I will have to get some of them for my OG army.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks all. assembling some undead now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The models you used for the Snortas look great and fit right in with old models. The old Snotlings (and Nurglings) are wonderfully characterful and always cool to see painted up. Your group shot is very impressive for the amount of models in your army. It’ll be quite an intimidating sight at athe end of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impressive units and the whole look of the army is just amazing and very evocative of the old White Dwarf pictures!
    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is simply great. Oldhammer is strong in this guy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damn, that's a lot of greenskins! Stop it you're making me look bad *cries in Savage Orc*

    But seriously, beautiful paint jobs and a wonderful looking force. Looking forwards to seeing more of the horde

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great contrast, the big guys and little guys. Those boar boyz are really great. I've always loved Boar Boyz.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The boar boyz look awesome! And that last photo is impressive. Already looking like an imposing army.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are absolutely gorgeous and the army is looking brilliant! Top work sir!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This army is looking great. I love Snotlings but have had a difficult time finding them. My army needs to add them.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog