Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Brendan's January Skaven (209 points)

The Army Begins!


First thing first, I felt like I should start out with a character to lead this plucky band of scavengers, and I felt like the Throt "the Unclean" model was the perfect for this role.  Since I am going with a clan Moulder theme, it made sense to me he would be a good fit with his man-catcher.

Skaven Chieftain: 59 points


And because who wouldn't want to see what he looks like with his sweet warp-stone eyeball?


Next up is the rank and file of clan Moulder.  The very reliable and would never break when you enter combat; giant rats with their faithful Packmaster handlers.  

24 trusty rats and 4 Packmasters: 100 points




Last for the month of January is a rat swarm.  They only cost 50 points when I include a unit of Clanrats, and since I plan on painting Clanrats, I will count them as 50 points.

Rat Swarm: 50 points

In total for the month of January I have 209 points completed and I'm feeling very accomplished so far!  Can't wait to start on the next batch of rats soon.

11 comments:

  1. You have a lot of painting ahead of you. What a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo many rats! and more are to come... be strong and continue doing that great painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work. I like the blueish grey of the skaven, it's different than we often see but works very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff! You must have gone cross-eyed working on all those giant rats.
    Looking impressive already! Throt turned out really well. The colour palette and variations in fur colour look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful. These look like the kind of nasty brown gutter skulkers that make the rat catcher regret his career choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Off to a great start! Love the warpstone eye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. spot on! Neat and tight while also being grubby! that blue lifts it too- brilliant work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I mentioned this on the FB group, but Skaven were my first & favorite WFB army (3rd ed.) I agree with some of the previous comments -- your color palette is great. I really like the basing as well. Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A strong start indeed - look at all those rats! :D

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog