Monday, February 3, 2020

Jeff Allen's January Entry, Empire-Kislev (324 points)

My army is really an Empire Army with a large Kislev Contingent. So for the first month, I'm doing Knights of the White Wolf. Unfortunately I don't have the old Knight figures.




I almost bought them for this challenge, but I have soooooo much unpainted lead/plastic/resin that I am really trying to stay off eBay. One of the goals of this challenge is to paint what I have and not buy anything new. So to that end, I had some Knights I picked up in a large lot years ago, that the previous owner had already added Hammers too. So that's what I'm going with.

First up is the White Wolves Grandmaster. I did have him in my box of Empire lead, The Grandmaster of the White Wolves, so he gets added to the list.



Next up is a stretch goal, Tsar Boris of Kislev. I didn't plan him in my points cost since he is a 6th edition addition.  Also I couldn't afford the ridiculous price he goes for on eBay. This model is a Reaper Bones Bear, with the Rider cut off. I had some knight legs and Winged Lancer commander top. The Wings are Resin that I ordered off the web. I wish I could remember where. If you know, post it below.



And finally the White Wolves themselves. The original horse barding is Red, but I wanted to carry a consistent theme across the entire army. The blue and white are Middenheim colors. This lot, that the previous owner started converting worked pretty well. I only had to fix a few things like adding cloaks and green stuff here and there. 




Points painted this month:
5 Knights w/ Command   259pts
1 Hero (Grandmaster)      65pts
1 Tsar Boris of Kislev      0pts

Total                                  324pts

Next up Kislev Horse Archers, Elector Count, Tzarina Katarin and a Wizard!

Cheers, Jeff

7 comments:

  1. Great start Jeff and I like the colors too mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great, and I love the color scheme! And once the dwarf rider is off, that bear works wonderfully for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely basing, and the conversions on the knights look good. My favourite though, is the bear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! Love the bear and knight conversions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just needed to chime in - these are fantastic, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice conversions! They look good in blue :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog