Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Sybou's horde of daemons - 1205 points!

Hello everyone,

for this owac i'm really planning to finish all my daemons army.

Last year, i made good progress on part of my undeads but i still have lots to do.

The good news is that daemons are fewer than undeads and more fast to paint (so unfair ...)

I started with my plaguebearers:





I gathered plaguebearers of all era and i think they do fit well all together.
I started to use the new paint from GW: the contrast paint. I used the plaguebearer skin.
Points wise they represent 730 points!

Here is 20 guys that i ll complete with 9 more in february.

Here is the Nurgle Herald with great banner.

This great banner is a alternative Blood bowl miniature. I converted him with a plastic sword and a pestigor banner. He will lead the big block of plaguebearer. This guy is 120 pts

Then we have a unit of mixed blue and pink horrors:



These guys are really funny sculpts. Normally the blue horrors come from the death of pink horrors, but these guys are hard to find and are awful to rank up.



They will add some magic powers to my horde. And they are lead by a air elemental from Ral Partha.
I have the idea of Tzeentch Herald being weird and etheral so as i have him laying around, he will fit the part.
If I count 6 horrors and a champion, they will cost me : 285 pts

Focus on his blue eyes.


Last but not the least, this weird harpy will be a chaos spawn in my army. It's a really weird miniature, pretty old creature. 70 pts of old school madness!

I found on solegend its history:
Lots of chaos gifts...

That s it for January, I gathered the impressive points cost of 1205 pts! 
In February I'll finish all my remaining Nurgle miniatures:
  • 6 bases of nurgling - 180 pts
  • 1 beast of Nurgle - 75 pts
  • 9 plaguebearers - 270 pts
For Marsh I shall continue with:
  • 20 bloodletters including a champion - 440 pts
  • 5 flesh hounds - 175 pts
  • 1 Daemon Prince - 275 pts
Now I can watch all the other Owac entries.
Thanks for watching and take care.

12 comments:

  1. Great start! Hope you have some demons for April and May too! I think undead are easier than demons, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If i'm going to fast, I still have 5 dragon ogres who are waiting in the painting queue for several years now :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! Great start! You can chill/coast to the finish line now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was willing to be the one to take down owac in a month but i still have some work.

      Delete
  3. You will need to paint with one hand tied behind your back from now on...Man you paint fast with beautiful results. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb output and some lovely old minis mixed in with the classic Demons - I love the idea of the Air Elemental as a Herald of Tzeentch, and Ngaraanh is proper oldhammer! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jesus man are you going to have enough models left for the rest of the challenge?!! At this rate you'll be coming over everyone's house and painting their models too! Nice job, and I'm totally stealing that pink/blue horrors mix idea, I've been thinking about how to do that for ages

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super output for the first month! Not only 40 cracking figures, but all painted to a great standard. Can't wait to see what else you bring us over the next few months!

    ReplyDelete
  7. huge work! there are so much plaguebearer that I got the flu just while reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Careful, i still have 9 to paint :) there is a coronavirus joke here...

      Delete
  8. Thank you everyone for your comments. I'm getting closer to finish my first complete army. Ready to see your works for february.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog