Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Jeff McC's Wood Elves - April (233 points)

April is done, so for your viewing pleasure, we have a level 15 hero mounted on a giant eagle (208 pts), followed by my overlord offering (25 pts)...




 I struggled a bit with the colors for the eagle, but once I stopped trying to do something super realistic (Not a lot of eagles out there big enough to ride, are there?) he snapped into place pretty quickly. Had to laugh a bit at myself with the rider as he turned out to be one of the greenest models in my autumnal army. (still happy with him though)



My overlord offering is a remnant from my pre-OWAC unit of glade guards, I just didn't feel like the "executioner's hood" fit well with the rest of my wood elves, so I'm glad to finally be able to give him some paint and a loving home. The leaf cloak was a lot of fun to paint.

Right, so..., isolation rules resulted in April being done way earlier than planned, and, May is done too at this point,....so, I went out to the garage and started pulling out the rest of my wood elves to see if there was something more I could do for June...I was kind of surprised to discover that there were only 24 models left; I'm thinking that's manageable in a little under 3 months. Here they are:


So what are we looking at?
11 Lord's Bowmen with light armor and shield (165 pts)
3 Wildcats (63 pts)
4 Beastmasters (52 pts)
1 Warhound (4 pts)
3 Archers (33 pts)
A level 10 wizard on a barded warhorse (126 pts)
and a level 10 hero with Heavy armor, Double handed weapon, and a "I'm counting the falcon as a longbow" (96 points)
Total 539 additional points for the army....we'll see how it goes.

8 comments:

  1. Looks great. I really need to get cracking on a WE army.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice general! The leaf cloak looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have army completion in sight. Great work so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choice of colors on the giant eagle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Good luck with the extras - im rooting for you!
    The cloak looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work! That Giant Eagle and rider would be a great center-piece for any army. Looks like it will fit really well with the look and feel of the rest of your army.
    Looking forward to seeing what you do with your garage-find classics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done for freeing yourself up on the Eagle - looks good!

    Also good luck with completing the rest of your WEs - that would be a fantastic end result :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog