Friday, April 3, 2020

Ratwig's 25 Dark Elf Warriors (415 points)

Greetings from a Jack induced haze. I've been told if I keep my Jack level up I can't get the zombie plague...
For this month's entry, I am submitting a unit of 25 of the old Mengle Manhide's RoR as a Dark Elf Warrior unit with two champions, standard and musician, as I need them to make my army minimum of 40. They will be used as Warriors until I can collect up a unit of 25 Marauder DE Warriors with halberds, then they can become Mengil's Manhide troop. As I didn't have enough original plastic shields, I used Footsore Miniatures Arab teardrop shields with the hand grip on the back removed and a hole drilled in them to go over the shield nubs on the figs. I painted them as if they were manhide covered and used the rune from the Steven King book "It" as the top character and the Japanese character "Ran" as the bottom character, although my caligraphy is probably off a bit...

The first pic was taken outside and then my camera battery died. When it was recharged it was raining outside so the rest are from inside the house.




And from inside...


 The troops showing off their manhide capes.




 Side shot to see shield markings.


And that's all there is for this month folks! 

 Ratwig out!

18 comments:

  1. Good grief - all that freehand! Have another jack on my tab :)
    The look excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work as always, my Dark Elf brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much! I have to crank them out as I'm the only one doing the only True Elves this OWAC!

      Delete
  3. WOW!!! Those are top notch. Love the shields, where are they from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The shields are from Footsore Miniatures, their Arab tear drop shields.

      Delete
  4. Excellent work! 乱 Ran 'riot, disorder'? Hard to see but looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The movie Ran has it defined as "chaos" in the sub-titles so that works!

      Delete
  5. Lovely work. The shields are very fitting for the figs. I dig the pale skin tones and your color choice for the soft parts of the armor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to stick with such a big unit with so many of the same poses. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely looking unit that must have taken a lot of work to paint so many monoposed models and congrats on finishing it. Like the Ran kanji on the shields. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell me more about this "Jack" of whomst you speak... I'm feeling a bit peaky.

    Nice to see the OG Manflayers out to play (and a proper sized unit too, no half measures round 'ere!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cracking job on these! Nice to see a big unit of these classic models.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great unit. Love the shields 👍 keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work! Shields work great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. +1 for Jack induced hazes!

    Love the idea of the glyphs on the shields :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alcohol is a sanitizer, right? Nice looking unit, and I think the shields are perfect, both the size/shape and the painting.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog