Thursday, April 11, 2024

John Bentleys Dwarf Troops (308) points

 I think I tried to reach too far for this month. 

 Starting off with the

 Musician peeking between two trees ready to make the call to shoot their enemies


 
The Standard Bearer head held high
 



The Champion ready to shout commands



A secondary Standard  made out of spare bits advertising for Bugmans Brew xxxxxx
makes me wish I could remember where I got those litttle banners from but they work well
if you know please let me know

shots of the whole unit

These tall shots look fantastic however it was after the table was put away that I noticed a cut a row off of the left side. Im going to keep them in anyway because I like them





The full scenery all made this month.

I like making scenery and kind of got caught up in it

I thought it would be cool to have modular trees and use cutout of the shape you need for the forest size or more thematic as unit fillers






this was a very fun project this month and too beautiful to not do a shoot outside.

I hope all the rest of you can say the same.

keep up the amazing work. I love all the pictures

10 comments:

  1. Some really impressive work here John, makes me imagine Birnam wood marching against a High Elf Macbeth :D
    IIRC the little hangy downy banners are from the old multi-pose High Elf kit, the Dark Elves had them too with little skulls embossed on the bottom.
    Very impressed with the trees btw, how did you make them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss! This is the same Shakespearian notion I had but you have put it perfect Warhovian trope!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love this entry so much. I love the idea, great painting and execution, great terrain, and awesome backdrops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No mistakes, just happy little Dwarves. Such a fun idea. Will they always count as in cover and only move 1/2 their movement? I love the autumn colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silver birch trees! I've been wanting to do those forever and here you are, with a billion of them! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very cool looking unit and table top! Brilliant pictures to show it off perfectly too. Top marks for a great month and a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything about this is awesome! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not very fond on static elements as filler or unit decorations, but your rangers are awesome. Also, cool standard bearer converison, that gave me an idea to boost the ranks of a future ranger unit.
    The birch forest is quite cool, you got enough trees to make it work and I also prefer the separated modules rather than a single piece to use/arrange it as whatever I need to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, dem trees! They look awesome, and a very fitting with the Rangers. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog