Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Jaeckel and the Lost Crusade - Month V (240 points)

To lead my pilgrims to the disaster and conclude OWAC III, one key character was missing: Pieter the Pious.

Of course, my small army pales in comparison with the digital multitude of Kingdom of Heaven, but this golden cross carried by the crusaders on the battlefield was something I wanted for my band...


Easier said than done! Instead, I've decided to mix some elements of the Empire war altar sculpted by Michael Perry with the bearers of the Slann wizard designed by Trish Morrison.

As you can see on the following pictures, I've slightly converted the altar by adding candles and a little lectern. I've hesitated to convert the bearers by adding hoods, but the heads and necks are so weird that I wasn't sure about the final result. I've finally painted a black cross on their face, to give them an imperial flavor.








Regarding Pieter, I've chosen a C3 cleric whose posture is close to the altar. I can't say it's a great model (arms a little bit too thick and legs a little bit short), but it'll do the job, I guess.






In terms of points, Pieter is a level 20 wizard: 240 points. So that's it, I've reached the 1000 points in 5 months, right on time to pack all my stuff and move out!

I hope I can paint a few additional pilgrims in June to expand the band... no guarantee though.

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful model and beautifully painted- goes without saying! Looking forward to the group shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gold.
    It's lovely work. The background and thought gone into your army is lovely, as is the brush work. I'm looking forward to seeing them all together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, actually, it's supposed to be a tarnished gold (not sure it exists), but thanks ^_^

      Delete
  3. Wow dude. Outstanding conversion work and as usual your painting is top notch. I can’t wait to see your final Army photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think painting the war altar took one full week of forced holidays (Covid-19 inside!)

      Delete
  4. That is gorgeous! Nice work and an excellent ending to OWAC III for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Initially, I thought I would have to use my Mulligan to finish the war altar... Covid-19 changed things a little bit...

      Delete
  5. Looks fantastic! Great use of various models there. Wonderful insight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome model with an awesome paint job. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic work! I really like the whole vibe of your army

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely superb - that conversion works so well, and the choice of mini for the Cleric is spot on :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is ACE!! Love the concept and the character. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Could have been better with converted bearers.

      Delete
  10. As ever, just amazing! Your brush works just so clean and crisp! I'd beenviousof how good you are......if it wasn't such an inspiration 👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a seriously impressive center-piece for your army!
    Great use of the Slann slaves and excellent paint job! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog