Thursday, May 21, 2020

Glyn's Orc Waaaaggghhhhhh - Oorni Bughah brings his mob of Red Skullz to the Waaaaggghhhhhh (235.5 pts)

Well, having shamelessly sought refuge behind a combination of a mulligan and the garage last month in the face of lockdown meltdowns, I am happy and relieved to report that whilst skulking in the shadows, I was accosted by Oorni who demanded I show him the way to the Waaagghhh!

This unit of boyz is a combination of Citadel and Heartbreaker sculpts. I have long been a fan of the sculpt originally produced as the commander of the rock lobber but I think he's wasted overlooking the loading of rocks into a contraption almost guaranteed to be the cause of a premature death! A helmet like that deserves a position more befitting 😀 and so I have repurposed him as Oorni Bughah, the Boss of the Red Skullz tribe! He is armed with a sword, carries a shield and wears light armour for 36 points.




This guy is the standard bearer which I personally think is a great sculpt. So much detail but so well constructed it was a joy to paint him up. I opted not to modify his standard to include a banner, opting to just retain the totem as the standard for this unit. He is armed as Oorni and weighs in at 17 points.



My musician is a heartbreaker sculpt that simply oozes charisma.....and the biggest set of googly eyes I think I've ever seen on an orc! I really enjoyed painting the shield used as a gong. I decided to use the same oxidised bronzeish colour I've chosen to use in a few of the front rank sculpts to this unit. I'm rather pleased with how this has turned out.  He too weighs in at 17 points.



These 2 character packed guys complete this Orcy Pontypool Front Row of thuggery. I am again happy with the armours on both of these miniatures and especially enjoyed trying to make the skull cloak actually made up of skulls. I'm not 100% sure I've carried it off that well, but it's the enjoyment that matters right? 🙄


The remainder of the unit is made up of these 3 ranks and with the 2 guys from the front row, add up to 144.5 points. They are all armed with a hand weapon, carry shield and wear light armour.




The unit as a whole weighs into the Waaagghhh at 214.5 points for the month.


I'm also mindful that I haven't given a whole army shot as yet. I've remedied it below. So far the army stands at a total of 889 points.


Lastly, and in no way whatsoever so don't say it is or I'll kick you, my apple for the teacher 🍏 a Black Orc with a massive chopper!! I'll see it gets to you safe and sound Iannick.....and I'll claim the bonus 25 points for the month! 👌👍 giving me a total of 904 points.


My god, I wish I could take better pictures 🙄

Next month will see the introduction of some grit to the waaaaaaggghh.....my 6 stone trolls! 😉

Til next month.......

Glyn

23 comments:

  1. Yes! Cracking job - the musician is my favourite here, the verdigris(?) on the shield, the skin, the wood, the metal, it all looks great! The unit together is very imposing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad you're liking them 👍

      Delete
  2. I agree, great job and I especially love the musician! Trolls should be fun to do, so next month should be easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You jinxed me now Lissanne 😳 😆 thanks for the nice compliments though 👍

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bunch, especially the worn metals.

    Also, needs to see now a goblin in a Pikachu suit near that orc with round shield.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm really pleased with the armours 😊
      I'm sorry, but I don't get the goblin reference????

      Delete
    2. The (unintentional) pokeball shield from the left, the one with the black line in middle and not around lol

      By the way, he's one of the heartbreakers orcs? I want to mix them with the newer Kev scults from Greenskin Wars, which are huge. The ones that Ral Partha still sells are smaller, more like Citadel/Marauder size.

      Delete
    3. Hi, now I get it 😆
      Yes, he's a Heartbreaker sculpt. He and the armour clad one in the front rank are the only 2 I didn't get from Ral Partha. I find they work in really well with the other sculpts and can recommend them 👍

      Delete
  5. WOW!!! You've really captured the orc feel here. These are some of the best painted orcs I've seen. Looking forward to the trolls!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so much for such a kind comment 😊

      Delete
  6. Really nice stuff! Happy to see square bases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 👍 Round bases on anything warhammer Fantasy is an anathama to me 😳

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you. He seems to be a big hit.... Excuse the pun!! 😂

      Delete
  8. Brilliant unit and wonderfully Orcy front line :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. these look really great. how did you do the gold/brass on the standard bearer's shoulder pads?? love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you. I'm glad you like then 😊 I had based coated these plates in Balthasar Gold and washed twice with Agrax Earthshade. I added a bit of Typhus Corrosion to the creases to add to the grimy effect and just go an edge and highpoint highlight in Gehennas. Used some Nihiloxs oxide for the verdigris effect following advice from far better painters than I in this challenge 👏👏😘

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like them so much! great (w)ork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great reply! Love it! 😆 Thank you so much.

      Delete

Search This Blog