Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Jeff McC's Wood Elves - May (329 points)

May's been done since early April, so let's get to the pictures.

6 Archers (66 pts) and a level 10 hero (91 pts)

These are the last* of the monopose archers, this group having  brighter cloaks to contrast with the ones done for March.  When the units are fielded, I intend mix the two groups. The hero is the elf from Warhammer Quest. His bow was broken when I rediscovered him, but, a 4th edition monopose goblin graciously provided a replacement for the upper half of the bow, I think it matches fairly well.




4 Wood Riders with Standard (130 pts)

The banner is relatively simple, but I think it's reasonably effective. The rune is copied from the quivers of most of the models in the unit. It took me a couple of attempts to get the lines all straight and evenly spaced, but I got there in the end, although the two sides aren't quite the same.

2 Wildcats (42 pts)

These are the final two wild cats from the initial plan.  3 more coming in June. See you then!

*or so I thought, I found one more archer hiding in with some Frostgrave models this weekend...he is now standing by for paint, and will join the June contingent.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice! Can't wait to see the next entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I want to see everything together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It matches incredibly well - I can't see that it was ever broken! I like the horses - that leaping aggressive pose is very iconic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good skills on that repair and the freehand runic banner :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice job. the archer unit is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great repair! Cant even tell! Nice to see an autumnal wood colour palette :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! Another impressive addition to the army this month!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog