Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Graeme's Clan Moulder Marauders for May (213.5 points)

The gap in the defender's lines was small, but enough for the horde to exploit. The masses swarmed forward....



I got off to another great start in May, getting a Clan Skryre Warpfire-thrower and hero done quickly. I experimented with different metal effects this month and was pretty happy with how the barrel of the warpfire-thrower turned out. I finally managed to get the right sequence of inks, washes and verdigris. I tried a similar effect to create a bronze-style blade on the Rat Ogre.





Warpfire-thrower team - 81 points






Clan Chieftain (Level 5 Hero ), with spear and light armour - 31 points


I had admired Brendan's mass of Giant Rats from January and March and set my mind on a big unit of them for May. Real-life intervened again.... my job threw a spanner in the works, then tossed in the rest of the toolbox for good measure.... so the heaving mass of Giant Rats turned into a rather modest unit...





Sixteen Giant Rats - 32 points


One tip for the fashion-conscious rat overlord: your giant rats really shouldn't be seen dead without some earrings this summer... flesh wounds are optional.




Three beastmasters - 31.5 points



One Rat Ogre, to bolster the Clan Moulder contingent - 38 points



All of May's force



Warpfire-thrower team - 81 points

Clan Chieftain - 31 points

3 beastmasters - 31.5 points

16 Giant Rats - 32 points

1 Rat Ogre - 38 points

Total for May: 213.5 points

Total for the army: 1085 points

Even though I've reached the 1000 point target, I'm going to keep going - I want to build some Clanrat or Slave units and finally get a banner or two done, so stay tuned for more next month!

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Love your muted colours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Very relieved, and more than a little surprised I made it... :-)

      Delete
  2. Great looking rats! All the skaven armies here are so different and so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lissanne! Yeah, #teamskaven has done really well this challenge.

      Delete
  3. Great guns! They're looking super fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Fingers crossed for a productive June, to add to the horde!

      Delete
  4. Great colour pallete, the richness of the skin tone really helps the cooler colours pop out. Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been experimenting with the skin tones and I'm happier with how these turned out.

      Delete
  5. Great choice of colors and they really suit the army mate. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's really taken shape - hope I can bulk it out a bit in the next month.

      Delete
  6. Great looking job as always! I like the eclectic choice of models for this month. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers Brendan! I didn't quite emulate your huge units of Giant Rats, but I hope to add to their number by the end of the challenge.
    Glad we all made it!
    Go #teamskaven! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog