Monday, June 29, 2020

Jaeckel and the Lost Crusade - Month VI (188 points)

No pressure for the sixth month, as I have already painted my 1000 points. So, I came back to my initial plan (meaning before introducing the cannon-bell and its crew), and painted the bunch of beggars and fanatics I had prepared last December: the infamous Dirty Eight.

A golden opportunity to finally use some of the ugliest miniatures of my Citadel pile: the C46 villagers (I know I know, nobody forced me to buy them). Anyway...


Illustration by John Blanche
Let's start with two modest conversions, to represent the standard bearer and the musician. You'll recognize the usual bits of the flagellant plastic sprues.


MM62 - CZ6
C46 - Bolg
Then the beggars:


C46 - Beggar
C46 - Wiggle
C46 - Beggar
C46 - Leper
And finally two fanatics (allowing me to count these poor guys as flagellants):


F2 - Flagellant
F2 - Fanatic
Beware the Dirty Eight!



 I have also found some time to paint a couple of monks to strengthen the procession:


C3 - Wild Angus
C46 - Monk
While preparing my move and rummaging in my storage boxes, I found an old Harlequin model. I have glued a few candles on top of it, and tadaa! let's say he bears the army standard...



June's painting job:



In terms of points, we have:


  • 8 flagellants with musician and standard bearer: 90 points
  • 2 monks: 18 points
  • Lvl 5 army standard bearer: 80 points
  • TOTAL: 188 points

22 comments:

  1. What a lovely bunch of filthy beggars! Beautiful work like usual- looking forward to seeing it all together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I still have a few of them, I'll see if I can add paint them in the coming months

      Delete
  2. Quality filth! The beggar is my favourite...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one with the moustache I guess? My favorite too

      Delete
  3. So mundane and yet so excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple but so effective! As ever, a lovely paint job. I love your candles! :-) Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Understated, limited colour pallet, perfect! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Ah ah. definitely real: paints and paintbrush :)

      Delete
  7. So so much character in each sculpt and paintob. Love the beggars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Some of these minis can be really challenging...

      Delete
  8. What a cool crew of cutthroats ... These guys are up to no goods. They think we're going to believe them they want to make a peaceful pilgrimage but all they want is to plunder the land of the Sultan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who can blame them to try? They'll end lost and forgotten in the sands of Araby.

      Delete
  9. Just draw dropping work again mate. Very inspirational thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. “The peasants are revolting!” Well, not in this case…they’re beautiful. Amazing work mate. Can’t wait to see the photos of the whole army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah thanks! Happy to conclude, even if I still have some models to paint for this army.

      Delete
  11. Really in awe that you were able to complete 1000 points to such a high standard. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and short nights to paint everything... time to sleep now the OWAC is finished :p

      Delete

Search This Blog