Thursday, July 2, 2020

Skal's All hail the King! (300 points)

What a month. I cant say I got much done in the way of painting but I still got something done. 


The Dwarf Throne of Power has always been one of those love/hate relationship things. I always went back and forth on if I liked the sculpt or not. For OWACIII I decided that I was just going to paint it up and have it as an option for games. For the most part I will be using the White Dwarf I painted up last month as my General. 


I ended up using Bugmans colors because I felt the throne fit in with a traveling King/Leader, it was fitting to have this (I assume drunk) leader being carried by some of his elite warriors into battle. I almost picture him as an Ivar the Boneless type of leader that is brought along due to his intelligence and ability to lead over his ability to go toe to toe with the enemy.

Base cost for this model is 300 points before being tricked out with magic shenanigans so that is what I will count him as for the month.


Fill with mingled cream and amber,
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chamber of my brain--
Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
What care I how time advances?
I am drinking ale today.


Till next month, Skal

6 comments:

  1. I love the Throne of Power- I have it painted too, and don't even play Dwarves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely paint job! A suitable ending to your OWAC adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powerful finish! It looks glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Always loved this piece, and you did it greatly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've really done that justice. 👍It's a model I never really fell in love with.....you might be forcing me to reconsider 🤔👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dwarf throne of power was such a cool model. You did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog