Monday, December 28, 2020

Sylvain's Summon the clans ... Protect the island

Hello everyone,

here we are for my third year concerning Owac. These last years I horded lots of different armies. Some norses, Empire, chaos dwarves and even a few hobgoblins. But I chose something completely different.

All started when i got myself some hill giants for a ogres horde. But the project disappeared and I still have the little giants. I was like they could be cool in a Albion's army ... then i checked my leadboxe and i saw i still had some foundry berserkers. I originally wanted to use them as flagellants but my conversions weren't good and i gave up the idea. 

They were here in all their naked glory and i though of some picts guys in the role playing game Pendragon:


I was saying to myself maybe i could gather a little force from Albion.
I first wanted to get myself the giant from blackhat miniatures but they sold their fantasy licence to bridge miniatures.


But the lad was out of stock and the guy owning the mould didn't answer me wether he was going to supply it or not.
Anyway i got myself ready for the new owac and here is the army:

The Albion's army

I based my army list on the Dogs of war army list which consist of :
1 druid (level 2 mage) - 95 pts
1 Paymaster - 59 pts
20 pikemen with command - 230 pts
10 skirmishers with shield - 60 pts
20 norse marauders with two handed weapon and command - 210 pts
4 ogres - 140 pts
1 giant - 205 pts

for a total of 999 pts

Characters

So here we have the level 2 mage the druid who s leading the army. Then the paymaster is the woman which is kind of a Boadicea / Nature Queen/ Mother Godess avatar thingie which is inspiring the men of Albion. Kind of a Slaine vibes here. 

It is compulsatory to have a paymaster in a DoW army so here she is and she fits the thematic of the army.

Then I have this bonus Druid who s an elf from Grenadier. I'll add him as a bonus.

Clansmen and hill giants

These guys were kind of hard to convert. They're all based on foundry berserkers. The musician is from Perry miniatures, i was really willing to give the army at least one blowpipe. 
I made some kilts to the clansmen with greenstuff and gave them bigger axes for a proper fantasy vibe.

The ogres are hill giants or small giants. In the story of the Albion's giants, we can see that their army include lots of different sizes giants and Hengus tried to fool the Tilean general by giving him to "small" giants. There are 2 ral partha ones (one being an ogre), a otherworld one and the grenadier famous guy. They make a cool crew.

As a bonus, I have this guy on the right that I will use as a Captain.

Pikemen

As these guy are the basic infantrymen, i was willing to have some loosy spearmen but i didn't find anything that really pleased me. I watched every lines of pictish/ scottish warriors but i never was really convinced. So I made conversions with Frostgrave barbarians. That's really rare for me to use plastic but I really wanted to have miniatures that I like so here they are with northstar pikes. The champion and banner are from Perry Miniatures and the musician is from Ral Partha.

Skirmishers

These guys are from Foundry and alternative miniatures. Just a random crew of brawlers that will jump on more organised regiments.
Then the center piece of the army:

The Giant

After much digging, I found myself one giant of Albion. It is really cool and big. It will defend the island with all its rocks.

A few weeks ago, I also ordered from Satyrart Studio the new cloud giant. It will give me 2 giants which the least I can do for an Albion's Army.

I already made a least to increase this army to a 2000 pts scale. But for now let's just do the first thousand points.


Then, here is my offer for the Overlord:


A proud Albion Warrior ready to cross the Ocean!

I just want now to wish you all some merry holidays and happy christmas. Let's end this cursed year and try to start I better one.
Take care of yourselves.
Cheers
Sybou

9 comments:

  1. That's a great choice of troops and miniatures. I always love me a big block of spears. The characters look like fun.

    Lovely offering btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a bit of Albion! Great choice of minis - really like all the conversions and the characters put me in mind of Slaine. Look forward to seeing this army completed! By the way, have you ever seen the Scotia Grendel minis? The Giant Barbarian Warpers look like fun and they do some nice looking barbarians too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for your comments. I think I saw them, that would be really thematic. I was thinking of lots of stuffs to use as Albion Proxies in order to replace Regiments of Renowns. The ogres of Golfag rules could be cool for warpers warriors indeed. Or the curse company and the Bearmen. But If i'm starting, I don't know where i m going to stop myself xD

      Delete
    2. Yeah - I have that problem too!

      Delete
  3. Hello there thanks for the comments fellows. Can't wait to start the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog