Monday, January 18, 2021

Brendan's Super Hot Eldar (305 points)

Brendan's Fire Dragons to Warm Up January (305 points)

Rank and File month #1


I started this month off painting some fire dragons.  All I can say is that orange is really hard to paint!  I even thought I was being smart by base coating them all gray before I began.  Nope, still too dark.  After many light applications I was able to build up to a color that at least resembles orange-ish!

I then realized that I was out of yellow paint as I was planning on making the helmets that color.  Apparently nothing with this unit was going to plan.  I substituted gold instead and I think that it came out looking pretty good.  A happy accident if you will.

All the poses are pretty similar with this batch of ten, but they were still fun to paint.  I really enjoyed the exarch of the bunch as well and he is certainly ready to socially distance with that 6' fire pike.


This completes my first *troops* selection for the challenge.  9 Fire Dragons clock in at 252 points and an exarch is 50 points for a grand total of 302 points.  Wow those guys are pricey.  I'm happy to be part of #TeamEldar for this year's challenge!

13 comments:

  1. Orange is indeed a bitch to paint but you managed it very well, the squad looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job - I've always struggled with edge highlights, and it looks wonderful here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent colors and painting! A great start for Team Eldar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cool fire dragons! Lovely oranges, and even better, lots of gems! I will not be they only one following the Path of the Damned after 6 moths of gemstones XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. A happy accident indeed! The tones all work really well together, which isn't easy when you put yellow colours against metallics. Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice use of contrasting colour(green)to high-light the Orange, looking good sir

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very impressive! Looking forward to the rest of your space elf gang.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't beat a happy accident 👌😀 love the colour scheme and your execution. I painted my first 49k figure as an overlord offering and it was an Eldar.....yours are much better! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice - love the contrasting green dragon scales and the blackened ends of the meltas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look fucking amazing, like a cross between a 2nd and 3rd edition paint job. Keeping it bright and bold, but with an edge of gritty in there. A fine line done perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply beautiful. Colour scheme is great, especially the green with the orange.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog