Thursday, April 22, 2021

Lissanne's Eldar- Everybody Walk the Dinosaur (182 pts)



Defense of the Maiden World part 4
(rank and file #4)

Introducing the Dragonfly squadron!  Five exodite knights including a champion!

I had these Tamiya velociraptors sitting around for decades, intending all the time to use them for exodites, and so I pulled a bunch of random old eldar figures at the beginning of this challenge to be their riders.  But I still needed laser lances.When I went to look for laser lances in my horde,  I found I had a lot of Shining Spear riders laying about, which were so perfect for exodite knights I switched the riders.  This cost me a week of painting time, but I think it was well worth it.  At one point in the past, I had been looking for a squad of jet bikes for another challenge and the Shining Spear jetbikes 3 to a box were the best bargain!  I had wanted them for harlequins so the Shining Spears figures were shelved.

 However, they have no butts, like most citadel riders.  I chose not to do saddles, so they needed butts.   Sculpting eldar butts over the years is probably the one thing I have sculpted the most.  I keep posing the seated eldar so they look more active, especially my harlequins, who are often doing stunts on their bikes..  So sculpting 5 more eldar butts was not much of a problem.

The purple knight has an especially fancy butt.



And I wanted a banner for this unit, but I didn't want the banner to have craftworld symbols, so used something resembling a Haraiguchi, a Shinto wand of blessing. which I have done previously for exodite guardian types.  I think they make cool banners.
Here is the banner bearer, the green knight.


Of course, the champion is the pink knight, with fancy armor and a power sword.




And the remaining two knights, the blue knight and the yellow knight.  Shining spears happily had obviously female knights, although I consider all these knights female.  They also had different torsos in each box.  Go figure!  I consider most of my eldar female, anyway,  but it's nice to get some support from the castings.






So:
4 Exodites 36pts each
1 Exodite Champion 38pts
182pts total

Next month is my Leader month!   The leader plus is taking a bath at the moment, so more next time!

13 comments:

  1. Bonker cool models, and I loooove the colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really great! It's hard to write different ways of saying that for each comment, but it's true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome squad! Love the conversions and the colours, and nice idea the haraiguchi. Also, consider your feathery velociraptors with the official approval from a paleontologist 👌

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're fun, a clever idea well executed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! Pastel shock cavalry with laser lances, riding velociraptors! What's not to love?! Great idea and conversions and love the vibrant colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It takes a REAL Eldar to ride a dinosaur! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Tamiya velociraptors were an inspired choice! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent stuff, and great butts! Everything a post could need :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work Lissanne - nice paring of models and I like the relationship you suggest with your modelling between the riders and their mounts. The banner looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone, for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is turning into a spectacularly unique force.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But wait...it gets better! Well, more unique in any case.

      Delete

Search This Blog