Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Paul D's wild-card with a few odds and sods, making up the numbers for 1287points

Hard to believe that during month one I was worried about making the points target. Then I realised - participants were painting more than the minimum per month and others said I could carry stuff over, if, I didn't get them finished. Hence, here a few 'C' series Amazons which came out of their Dettol bath at the beginning of May, but I couldn't finish, as I didn't have any bases for them to join their sisters.

As mentioned on the facebook page, I ordered a few more cat-riders via ebay to make up their numbers, only to be told they wouldn't arrive  until the end of June. So, I painted up those I had and moved on to something else.


And as soon as their finished, the others turn up early!


But, after I started painting Elves, from Foundry and other manufacturers, typical.


So here's the elf contingent, which will be my entry for this final month, having just received their first coat of varnish.




Next up, the new cat riders have a dab of paint

I've a few days to paint a few more figures, but I really need to start putting my 'new' stuff together for BOYL 2021, so I'm going to quit while I'm ahead, with a little hors d'oeuvre for my ogre cooks! Enjoy.

 


This months contingent all together, based and varnished, hope to see all your efforts in July.


Six cat riders with all the trimmings forty eight points each - two hundred and eighty eight points.

Four cats with their beastmaster - one hundred and eighty six points.

Ten Elvish Wardancers at twenty points each - two hundred points

One level five novice at sixty points

one Shar-woman at level two, eighty five points

One level three Wizard, one hundred and fifty five points  

One powersword swinging drug induced nutter - two hundred and sixty six points.

One guardwoman at nineteen points

Four tribeswomen at seven points each - twenty eight points. 

Now, how do I get this army shot for July?

4 comments:

  1. Great army- Love the amazons especially the tiger riders! And the Ogre treat- LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, looking forward to getting them on the table, for a run out and see if they actually work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have to set up a super wide panoramic shot for next month! Astounding output - great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the whole army shot - you might be a victim of your own success, trying to cram them all in. Must admit I'm scratching my head about doing mine as well XD

    Some great new additions to the host and the Foundry Elves fit well - followers of the Sea Elf God Amex no doubt and welcomed by the Amazons in honour of that God's contribution in producing the race of Amazons after his little dalliance with their Goddess Rigg ;)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog