Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Lissanne's Eldar- Is that All there is?

 Defense of the Maiden World Wrap up Post


Well, my fourth OWAC is in the books.  I can't say it gets any easier, but careful planning helps.  This time around I did more figures for my already huge Eldar army, choosing mostly the type of figures who I had done none of, and were languishing unpainted in the lead pile.  Now they join their friends and neighbors in the active fighting force.

Since I am poor at group photos, I will show recap photos.
 

Month 1:  Brown Recluse Squad- 10 Scouts/Rangers


Month 2: Brown Recluse Squad- 5 Scouts/Rangers, Black Widow Shrine- 4 Warp Spiders 1 Warp Spider Exarch


Month 3: Black Widow Shrine- 4 Warp Spiders 1 Warp Spider Exarch, Fire Wasp shrine - 4 Fire Dragons led by Warp Spider Exarch 



(I may have the same warp spider squad twice in the photos, but there are two squads.  Can't tell, LOL!)


Month 4:  Dragonfly squadron-4 Exodites and Exodite Champion


Month 5: Worldsinger Yavanna


Month 6:  Space Pirates and Tempest!




These are nearly all things I have wanted to paint for a few years or a few decades (mostly a few decades), but keep putting off!  The only thing I had painted before was Fire Dragons.  I have LOTS of Fire Dragons, I like Fire Dragons.  But Hooray for OWAC and new forces!


 What will I do next OWAC?  Hmmmm....I have a potential army already put to the side, but half the time my actual army choice has been a happy surprise, so I will leave the final choice for the future.
And as always, thanks to our benevolent overlord, and thanks to the other competitors for urging everyone onward! If that's all there is, let's keep dancing! On to the next OWAC!

18 comments:

  1. Wonderful, a project well done, I look forward to seeing what you do at OWAC V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on another glorious army! Love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work! I love it all, from the Pink Floyd tank in the front to the Warp Spiders in the back, just lovely stuff. Congratulations on another victory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! and congrats on completing another OWAC! Looking forward to seeing what you do in OWAC V.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magnificent. My favourite are the warp spiders, and the creativity and execution of the world singer. All in all, excellent job - especially in diminishing the ol' unpainted lead pile. congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations for this 4th owac!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! A wonderful army (and impressive outfit =D )

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good year to be on Team Eldar! Great work, I like the color and drama of each squad/entry. I think I've already commented, but I really love the way you've pulled in some great art references & worked them in to the Eldar theme. I realy like the unique mix too... exodites, craftworld squads, and especially jealous of the tempest! Also, A+ for final photo/selfie working perfectly with the army theme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Lissane ! My fav are your prophet (so original) and the warp spiders. You succeeded to make your own color scheme while keeping a link with the classic one. Can't wait to see you next army !

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHAHA that Armies shot is amazing...your are the best Lisanne!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a dope outfit. The models are great, but I can't pass up a comment on that dope outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great work. Specially on the Warp Spiders and the Jokaero

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on another OWAC completion. Your army is outstanding, liked a lot how you broke typical paint schemes in almost all the units and how they came out. Your use of pastel colours was an inspiration! The last #GoTeamEldar on your superb job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's just how I imagined your Eldar dressed beneath their Aspect Armour - cracking army shot! A beautiful and very original army - stand outs for me are the Tempest and the World Singer. Love the art and music references!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done and great job! You managed to pack a load of character in the force. The Tempest is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great looking force! I love the pastel colours. My favourites are the vibrant, striking world singer (literally makes the world bloom), the superb tempest tank and the pastel dragonfly squad. Plus a great outfit! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. From the moment the brightly coloured rangers appeared in the first month it has been a pleasure to watch this force develop. Congrats

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog