Tuesday, December 7, 2021

AdamH’s OWAC V Intro Post – It’s time to get furry!

Is that deja vu I hear you say? No? Well I’m going to tell you anyway. Yes this is my second time doing Skaven for an OWAC. Anyone who remembers my first Skaven challenge army will remember that it was rather plain, mostly Clanrats, Slaves and Stormvermin. It made for a good core to my army but it is time I started looking into the various clans, so this time around I will be focusing mostly on…


Clan Moulder!

Obviously, I still need to add more core units to the force because as it grows in points I need more fodder (Slaves) and more weapon team production (Clan Rats), plus I want to bump the number of Stormvermin available to me just in case I want to put the bell in with them.

Oh, yea I’m also adding a Screaming Bell :)

But the main addition here is a large unit of Giant Rats, with the original 3rd edition chaos hounds mixed in for fun and a decent sized unit of Rat Ogres. Honestly, I would have liked to include a few more but they are shockingly hard to pick up for a reasonable price nowadays.

For this year’s challenge I am targeting the following list:

UNIT

EXTRAS

#

TOTAL

CHARACTERS

Warlock Champion (118)

 

1

118

Battle Standard (77)

 

1

77

Grey Seer (340)

Screaming Bell (200)

1

540

REGIMENTS

Slaves (2.5)

 

25

62.5

Stormvermin (9.5)

Halberds (2) Shields (1)

13

123.5

Clanrats (6)

Standard (6) Musician (6)

42

264

Rat Ogres (40)

 

8

320

Giant Rats (2.5)

 

60

150

Packmaster (10)

 

18

180

TOTAL

1835

Here are a few other pictures of the solid mass of metal that is currently stressing the weight limit of my shelf:




Next we have this year’s overlord offering. For those of you not part of the challenge there is normally a “squad challenge” during the down time between OWACs where challengers paint a small unit of something just for fun. This year I decided to get back into the swing of things by painting up some more ratties, specifically Censor Bearers:


At the same time I decided to paint an extra one for our gracious overlord, hopefully they please and serve him well:


Finally, those of you that followed my original Skaven entry back in OWAC III may remember me saying that I wasn’t able to finish the bases due to not being able to varnish them at the time. Well I decided to go back and varnish and finish the bases so I want to take this opportunity to show you an example of one of the stars of my previous challenge with the updated base, which will also give you a taste of what’s to come this year from me:


So there we go, many ratties coming from me this coming year. Numbers wise this is going to be my biggest challenge so far, however as so many of them are simple sculpts I am hopeful of my chances.

Thanks for stopping by and please make sure you check out the rest of the challengers this year, I’m sure we are going to have another belter!

13 comments:

  1. Ace! I'm looking forward to seeing the paint on the screaming bell - such an iconic unit :) Good luck with the numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! An amazing number of figures! Can't wait to see the Screaming Bell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of rats!! This is going to look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing accumulation of rats - looking forward to seeing them painted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excited to see how these turn out. I love the old Skaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I got myself a rat!

    i'm really looking forward to this Adam, looks like a great force

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent stuff, and real dedication to the OWAC to do Skaven more than once. Hats off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got to say that amazing beast pack is the star of the show for me but judging by your previous Skaven entries we're in for a treat with the rest of the army too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Skaven: putting the CHALLENGE in Old World Army Challenge. Some brown spray paint will help with that giant rat unit. ;) Always (secretly) happy to see more oldschool Skaven getting painted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a monstrous pile of Skaven! Looks like you'll be kept busy this challenge.
    Can't wait to see the massive unit of Giant Rats painted up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a scary horde of vile ratmen! Most ambitious as befits a grey seer yes yes! Great choice of models looking forward to see your skaven painted. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog