Tuesday, April 26, 2022

April - Filippo's Iron Warrior - Rank&File Month (120 points)



(Does this barrel make me look fat?)

Not happy, not happy at all.

This month features a single Predator, as I planned. Busy month, a lot of side projects that must be completed. 

But the plan was very different from the result, for many reasons.

First of all, it does not look chaotic at all, but I'm not a fan of spikes on vehicles, maily because how the hell can you turn the turret if you have metal poles in the way?

I wanted to add some scratch-built details, but the result was poor. 

I had some etched brass I had lying aroung, but guess what? Not there anymore (probably gave to a friends some time ago..)

At this point the joy of painting the tank was gone. Finished but not finished



(who needs spikes when you have stripes?)

It looks like a recently scavenged tank, with only paint applied, so in the end it's not that bad. 

But it won't stay like this forever, just not now.

9 comments:

  1. It still looks great! I don't think Iron Warriors should have fancy spikes and skulls either. too many frills. Unless they are siding to Khorne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not that bad for a boring rhino 😋

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks solid to me - clean and utilitarian, very Iron Within, Iron Without.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazard stripes always do the trick!!! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still ended up with a TONK though! No excess - very Iron Warriors, and the hazards absolutely make it. Nice choice of that blue for the window things too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just finished re-reading the Iron Warriors Ominbus and the Uriel Ventris saga by Graham McNeil and this is absolutely the look of the Iron Warriors that I have in my head. I hear what you are saying about it not looking chaotic, but that really fits with the Iron Warriors aesthetic if you ask me. I'm sorry you are not happy with it, but I think it looks the part :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog