Sunday, June 5, 2022

Copper Oracle | 6 Rank and File. Veteran Tactical Marine Squad (690 points)

The Annals of the 9th Squad mark them as the last to leave the Fire Hawks first homeworld of Cousteau XI and thus lead the honour guard that is stationed on the planets memorial shrine.

March to the Stars. An account of the Fire Hawks.

With a picture in my head of massed ranks, my plan for May was for my second Tactical squad and Rhino. The figures in this squad are amongst my oldest Space Marines and also included the set with Terminator honours.These would work perfectly with the Veteran status and give me some extra detail to paint and help break up the repetition.


Veteran Tactical squad and Transport as well as finishing the Tech Marine I started last month


Rhino needs some prep and repair work, removing the transfers and fixing the Bolter mounts which have been attached backwards


Mid yellowing


Flames added


Start of the Rhino flames to match up with the first from last month. 
I also found an extra front spikes to add to the completed one.


Completed Squad


Veteran marines with Terminator Honours


Stone Terminator Honours


Completed Squad and Rhino Transport


1.  'Fire Walkers' 1st Company, 9th Squad,

Veteran Tactical Squad

7 marines with Bolt Guns

1 Marine with Conversion Beamer

1 Marine with Multi-melta

Sergeant with Power axe and Bolt Gun


Rhino Transport ' Pyre of Insha'

 =690


Grand Total so far = 3,821

17 comments:

  1. Very firey! Go Team Space Marine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on those vibrant yellows. I think your Fire Hawks are the first I have seen painted. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, when Forge World released their Badab War series they reworked the Fire Hawks logo and livery to orange/red with yellow flames but I prefer the classic look

      Delete
  3. Swwet jeebus - they look lovely. I think your army posts are one of the ones I most look forward to reading. They're so neat, simple and detailed at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! So far only the Dreadnoughts have some weathering and I might go back at some point and add some to the rest but I am liking the Parade Ground Bright on an already unsubtle force!

      Delete
  4. A really lovely job on some proper classic marines. Added oldhammer points for the Conversion Beamer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wanted to add a bit of variety and increased obscure for the weapon choices

      Delete
  5. Awesome update. The combination of bright and clean yellow with the variation in fiery motifs looks impressive. Those rhinos are awesome. Nice veterans with termie honours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Adding the rhino flames felt a big gamble but really pleased how it turned out. The Veterans are some classic sculpts

      Delete
  6. Lovely work on the yellow and red, very clean and crisp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I usually paint a bit more Grimdark so these are the brightest force I have ever owned!

      Delete
  7. That looks so good! And with a classic Rhino! Sweeeeet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! love the classic Rhino and will look to add at least a Vindicator and Predator at some point to the army

      Delete
  8. Wonderful stuff, well done in completing the challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Final months Leader post is in the bag and lined up to post, I cannot believe its all done and I made it!

      Delete
  9. Clean, crisp work on everything you touched! Super job on making the yellow and red really pop. What a treat to see these classics in such a great looking army!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog