Sunday, June 5, 2022

Skal's Hello is it me you are looking for? (Leader Month)

Eldar Pirates are the wildest of all the Outcasts. They are quick tempered and unpredictable raiders whose ships are fast and well armed. Eldar Pirates fight and trade with other races, and will even hire out their services for a price. Throughout Eldar history the Pirates have lived apart from other Eldar but on occasions they have come to the rescue of Eldar Craftworlds or Exodite planets. To the vulnerable human worlds of the galactic rim they are a terrifying curse, plunderers and destroyers who appear at will and leave nothing behind but ruin. Pirate squads are always led by a Pirate Captain, represented by either a Champion, Hero or Mighty Hero.


For my leader month I had to paint up my Pirate Mighty Hero or Dark Eldar Archon for 3rd edition. I had been waiting awhile to paint this nasty dude up. I loved that he is wearing some pour souls face on his helmet to bring about fear in his enemy's. 


This fig was a lot of fun to paint and another step in being able to have a nasty little Eldar Pirate addition to my 2nd edition force as well as being well on my way to having a very fierce Dark Eldar force for 3rd edition.


Hang in there OWACV crew you are almost there, don't give into the pull of the field of bones.

Here’s to the great artistic genius, Pablo Picasso. His last words were “Drink to me.” Who am I to question genius?



Wise words. Till next time Skål.

7 comments:

  1. Yeah! Classic sculpt - mine still leads the Kabal of the Sun Betrayed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool figure! I am still rooting for Team Eldar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classic figure and the focus on his skinned face and glowing claw works really well

    ReplyDelete
  4. A massive hand for a mighty hero! He looks suitably terrifying. The red lining(?) looks particularly silky. Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job! I recently re-read Nightbringer by Graham McNeil and this guy definitely evokes the evil Dark Eldar Archon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I started I wasn't a big fan of this sculpt but love your take on it. The glowing and saturated mechanical hand probably make it much better than I always seen and make it really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woooo, yes - that's a mean-looking right hand of torment, excellent work!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog