Monday, March 27, 2023

All things that make "ssssssssss ssss sssss" in your head: Slaaneshchild's rank file march month post (807 pts)

Hello there....

Let's start with an S...

S like... 

Slaanesh

Surprise

Sex

Sunglasses

Snakes !!!!

And maybe all of them at the same time !

So I started with something I had in mind since I was a child: a witch elf heroine on war hydra. The dark elves in the 5th ed were really unlucky with the miniatures. and of course as i was young I had no money. But now ! I decided to create it.

It wasn't included in my army list at the beginning of the challenge, but I am playing my dark elves a lot those days, I realized I needed it NOW. I will make a witch elves allied contingent next month.

The war hydra is the model from the 6th ed and the heroine is from the cauldron of blood. Simple as that. The slaaneshi throne is made with bitz from AoS stuff. I hope you'll enjoy it ! I had so much fun with it !






Then I went back on my initial challenge... More snake things. I decided March will be the month of the snake. What a better month for Slaanesh ?

So I had some old chaos snakemen and some new snakemen from Tim Prow's DieHard miniatures, I put them all together. They will count as Slaangors with halberds (Bestigors of Slaanesh), or Chaos Warriors.

I did speed painted them. Honestly they weren't that fun to paint, I was happy to finish them quickly.


More snakes ??

YES !

Time to unleash the Snake Ogres !! (Count as Dragon Ogres) 

They are from Mierce Miniatures. As everything they do, it is huge and a bit messy. Many parts were broken or unusable. So I customized them with some slaaneshi bitz Once again, they weren't that fun to paint, I was glad to finish them. I had more fun with their bases that are clearly too big but I don't care :D


And finaly, time for a family picture !!!! Cheeeeeerrssss !!!! 

"SsssSSsSsssSSSSsssSS" -they said.

Total this month : 

Dark elf Heroine on War Hydra : 132 + 225 = 357 pts

3 dragon ogres with additionnal weapons : 270 pts

10 bestigors with halberds : 180 pts

Total : 807 pts






15 comments:

  1. Excellent theme and work! Love snake month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lissanne ! You should established it !

      Delete
  2. Wow! That witch elf is next level! And the chaotic horror of snake ogres is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahah thank you George. The DE heroine is my favorite too !

      Delete
  3. Very imaginitive! I love the Slaaneshi snake theme (it's on my To Do list) and you've found great miniatures to use.

    The armour on those snake ogres looks great, by the way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! it is pretty simple, I use Gehenna's Gold with Magos purple contrast

      Delete
  4. Sssssuper! The war hydra is looking great 💪

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have done a great job on some minis that you weren't in love with painting. The colours are very Slaanesh, as is the snake theme. Great output. You have definitely maximised your investment of time here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks !! I try to double the bet for next month !

      Delete
  6. Spot on update, the conversion is fine and the newer Slaanesh bits work perfectly. Love the horde of snakemen!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog