Tuesday, May 2, 2023

CopperOracle II. 3. Rank and File 3 - Orc Archers




"Arrers to me!"

the large Orc bellowed as the Severed Hands started to move out of the rocky pass and spread out into the lowlands beyond. Orc archers emerged from the massed ranks and gathered round the shape of the large Orc, his high knotted bone acting like a beacon.

'The chief wants us out in front, all cunning and seeing what the rest of the boyz is gonna be hitting. But we gets first poke and first eating!

Arzan surveyed the eager Orcs and then pointed to the front

"Now get out there and don't forget your sticks!"

Harboth had taught him well and now it was his turn to lead and pass on the Good Stuff



Month Four and sadly I am only month three for my Army as I had to take last month as my WildCard and use it to cover an absence of figures! Real life got in the way and between other commitments and feeling a creative low as a result I didn't touch my painting table. My Bloodbath Project is a passion project and I didn't want to just slap some paint on after a couple of last minute all nighters, thankfully this month has found me in a much better place and working on the classic citadel Orcs has inspired me again.


The orc Archers are mainly from the classic Harboths Orc Archers release as well as a savage Orc Arrer Boy who I have given a shield to help him fit in a bit more. I have picked up the Orcs over many Years and hadn't realised I had amassed so many of the Harboth Orcs so will now have to try and pick up the command figures so I can field them as a Regiment in regular battles!







The End of March, based and movement tray done but not much else


Finally started!



Severed Hand Orc Archers






The bowstrings were a last minute addition. I thing bows always look far better strung but I couldn't find the right material. thread was too thin and always ends up sagging and the wires I had were too thick until I found some jewellery copper wire which worked perfectly. Next time I will be adding this before the painting starts!

I have only attached shields to some of the Archers, this is partly due to needing to source some more but also so I can make some adjustments to them on the tray.

I based them all pretty much in the middle which has meant they don't fit in the tray that well, I have another set of archers which will be added to the next Orc tribe set ( the Kwae karr ) which I will base up so the two units can sit better and then add the shields for each.

This month also had the arrival of the basing material and I was able to finish the basing for them and go back and finish off the previous units






Completed Severed Hand Orcs so far

Warhammer Fantasy Battle Second Edition (Ravening Horde) Points Value: 75
Grand Total so far: 190.25

9 comments:

  1. These came out really great! I love the tiger shields on the other unit too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, looking forward to assembling them as Harboths Orc Archers as well at some point!

      Delete
  2. Great to have you back! These archers are fantastic - and the army is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours, the shields and the bow string tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! the final grand army with all three Tribes should have a nice subtle riot of colour

      Delete
  4. Absolute classics brought to life with sympathetic paintjobs and atmospheric basing. Great stuff! I'm a big fan of the sculpts of Harboths Orc Archers and you have definitely done them justice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Archers and others of the era are still some of the best sculpts, the archers have some lovely variations and very animated

      Delete

Search This Blog