Thursday, June 1, 2023

Ben's Epic Orks Rank & File Month 4 - Deathskulls Clan

Sometimes it feels a bit daft trying to apply highlights to 6mm scale miniatures, but the thought of the finished post - even if I struggle to take great photographs - always spurs me on...

Unlike my other clans, this month's Deathskulls I've painted in a mixture of several colours to show how they've looted bits and pieces from a range of owners.  But I still tried to keep the emphasis on the main clan colour (blue) so they look part of a group.

I started with some Traktor Kannons (most plastic, one combining a later metal model with a thudd gun) and Shokk Attack Gunz, and made some quick alien woods from spare Loonshrine mushrooms:




I added some Nobz, busy here doing some looting:


And some more supporting gunz - a Doomdiver Magna Kannon to pull fliers out of the sky, and a Soopa Gun to zzap titans, made from some Ebay purchase odds and ends.  The Magna Kannon gun is mounted on a Gutrippa chassis.  I don't know where the zzap gun is from (it looks non-GW to me) but it fitted fairly nicely on a spare battlewagon chassis which I finished up by mounting an older battlewagon skull ram on the front for a Deathskulls look:

Then I finally slogged my way through another 15 Boyz stands, plus a few Gretchin to do the fetching and carrying (and to complete the Clan if I use it to play Epic Armageddon):

That gives me a total of 875 points for the month!

Deathskull Clan (4 Nobz, 15 Boyz) - 500 pts
Gretchin Mob (4 Gretchin) - 0 pts
Shokk Attack Gun Team (4 Shokk Attack Gunz) - 100 pts
Traktor Kannon Battery (5 Traktor Kannon) - 75 pts
Doomdiver Magna Kannon - 50 pts
Soopa Gun - 150 pts

My ambition for the wildcard month is to deplete the leftovers box further, by either making a Mega-Gargant  building site, or painting a Blood Axes clan which will mean I have one of every Ork clan :)

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic Mob! the support Gunz are a lovely focus and the mushroom forest is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the paint scheme of this month, the little fellows stand out and look good. The alien mega-mushroom are also a fun addition

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful - so much character! And love your scenery too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Such a lot of bases, again, for one month. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stuff - all the salvaged gear and converted gunz make it feel extra Deathskully :D

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog