Monday, July 24, 2023

ZeroTwentythree's Post-OWAC6 Skaven Wrap-up Post (1,406 pts)

Post-Challenge Wrap Up
The Great Horned Rat Race



Sorry, that was about the best I could do for me and an army photo this time around. I tried taking some zoomed-in shots, but I don't have my photo set up right now. So you'll have to look through the monthly challenge entries if you want to see any up close.

The Plan

From my Introduction post, I had planned on painting the following. 
  • 30ish Clanrats with spears (30)
  • 20ish Stormvermin with two handed weapons (0)
  • 25ish Skavenslaves (13)
  • 4 beastmasters (4)
  • 1 Rat Ogre (I already have another one painted) (1)
  • 15 Giant Rats (10)
  • 1 Plague Censor (1)
  • 5 Globadiers (2)
  • 2 Jezzail teams (1)
  • 1 Warpfire-thrower team (1)
  • Some characters (2)
  • Completely unplanned stuff that I probably haven't even thought of yet. (1 jabberwock, 1 terrain)
After each item above, I've indicated how many I actually painted and color coded the successes and failures. I had intended to paint more characters in my Leader month, but since I met the terms of my vague initial goal, I'll call it a success.

Although I finished the challenge, I am a bit disappointed I didn't meet my goals. But there was a lot of unexpected non-painting stuff going on in the background that made it difficult. Not just difficult to find time, but also difficult to get in the mood. In spite of the Skaven being my first Warhammer love, I just didn't have the enthusiasm of past Challenges.


Army Totals

30 Clanrats with Spears.................... 206 points
4 Packmaster w/lt. armor ................ 42 points
6 Wolf-Rats ..................................... 18 points
10 Giant Rats .................................. 20 points
1 Rat Ogre ...................................... 38 points
1Thrott The Unclean (lv. 20).......... 100 points
2 Poisoned Wind Globadiers .......... 50 points
1 Warpfire-Thrower Team .............. 81 points
1 Jezzail Team ................................ 39 points
1 Rat Swarm ................................... 250 points
1 Jabberwock .................................. 200 points
13 Skavenslaves ............................. 35 points
1 Grey Seet .................................... 327 points

OWAC6 Total .................................1,406 points

(74 figures) (110ish planned)



Looking Ahead

I'm going to take it easy for a while, no pressure painting. Or not painting. And I'm going to give some thought on whether or not I will join the assumed OWAC7. If I do, I think I've got two contenders.

Chaos. Chaotic chaos. A small core of warriors and then a bunch of mismatched beasts and allies. In fact, I would paint up some of the remaining Skaven the got left our of OWAC6 as part of this project!

Dogs of War. I have some pikemen, some birdmen, some cavalry, and a few other odds & ends to use for this project.

There are a couple of other "long shot" projects in the back of my head as well. One of them I have no figures for, so that is probably out. The other, well, I only have one figure for, but the rest I would sculpt as part of the challenge. Not completely out, but still not as likely as the two above.

10 comments:

  1. I love big units of rats. It makes for a pretty good core force for a future OWAC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still a great looking force! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may be disappointed by the numbers, but it's still a good chunk of an army. Given the disruptions you've suffered that's a great result - and the challenge was met, no Field of Bones for you! That's the main thing :)

    Plus we got the bright red Jabberwock out of it. We're definitely all happier for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great achievement! They look splendidly ratty and are very well painted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finishing the challenge despite the adversities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb army indeed ! My favorite is the Jabberwocky !

    ReplyDelete
  7. 74 miniatures painted... and you're disappointed? Amazing achievement I would say. Looking forward to seeing your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a lovely looking army! I'm sad that you feel somewhat deflated by it, but look at it, it's brilliant. Strong work, sir and hopefully see you again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mate, this is still a success and you are still an OWAC legend, make no mistake. I really hope you find the hobby mojo again. Sending you positive energy and congratulations on OWAC VI, you did a great job in the face of some obvious challenges. Fingers crossed that you take part again next year :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog