Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Skål's Necro95 wrap up post

 Another OWAC in the bag. First off congratulation's to everyone who finished this season. We had a lot of great projects this season and it was awesome to see how much everyone did. You all have done some impressive painting as well as put up some outstanding Oldhammer vibes. Well done everyone.


I had a lot of fun finally painting up some Necromunda gangs. I have been wanting to do this project for quite some time now and OWAC was the perfect excuse to break into my old gangs and get some paint on them. Here is my OWAC entries for this season.











Thoughts enviability start to wander into what should , nay what could I possibly paint next season. Will we be allowed to do like we did this season and I can dive into more Necromunda gangs. I mean I really do need to paint up more gangs and I could do another whole season to get through the rest of them. Or do I wander into the far reaches of 1997 and break out some Chronopia? I do have enough to perhaps build two forces to contest the great lands that the Old Gods deserted? Or perhaps the Great Overlord brings us back to the old ways and we are only allowed to do Oldhammer and Rogue Trader. What then? Do I continue to build my Wood Elves or Dwarves? Do I keep going with my Eldar? Or just maybe I dive into a new Oldhammer project? Do I finally let Chaos into my welcoming heart and rip the Old world asunder with the mighty forces from the Realms of Chaos?





So many choices. So much time to change my mind a thousand times before we kick off the next season. 

But wait I am getting ahead of myself. I will enjoy the victory of completing another OWAC and not sub-coming to the Field of Bones.


To the profound ignorance which we brought to this endeavor; because had we known what was ahead, we never would have started.


Here's to the sweet smell of success.


Here's to General Douglas MacArthur, who said, "There is no substitute for victory."


To victory. As Alex Haley said, "History is written by the winners.”


Let's have a drink,
Let's have some fun.
Because at last
The job is done.

SKÅL

5 comments:

  1. Not only do they look great, I think this was the first Necromunda entry too! Such a fun game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skal indeed! The OG Necromunda gangs, and 2000 AD inspired Arbites are fab, and the Underhive Predator is great too!

    You have lots of great options for next year, but I would like to vote for Chaos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant project. The colours are all just *perfect*, particularly those sinister purplish skin tones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much to love here! Those arbites are so original and the photo settingd all looks awesome. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really inspiring project with high quality painting! The Delaque and the ambull are my favourite, but they all are awesome

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog