Thursday, February 1, 2024

Filippo's Undead - January Rank and File I

 


"Welcome back to the land of the livin'... Now pick up a shovel and get digging!"

January complete and I'm really pleased on how they turned out.

Here's the list:

20 Skeletons with shields: 180 points


Classic old plastic skeletons with music and banner. I had few decals, so I freehanded all the shields. 

For the banner I used an old drawing I made some time ago when first started to collect again Undead models

8 Skeletons with bows: 80 points


Two models were already painted for my Mordheim warband (Restless Dead)


Screaming Skull Catapult: 74 points


Nothing much to say, except that this model is gorgeous! Loved every small details

EXTRA UNITS: 5 bases of Spirit Hosts (no points)


Part of the sixth edition list, these models are a little extra for January

For the Secret Santa here's an old alternative model for a Dark Elf witch (still working on it)




See you next month!







9 comments:

  1. It's always nice to see skull chuckers getting painted, they don't get as much love as they would deserve. Great work with that banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work. I've got four of those Skull Chukkas to paint. I'm considering doing an Army of the Cairns style force for 6th/ToW to add to my current undead army and adding those and some of the old Bone Chariots and Skeletal Horsemen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got a lovely old bone effect there, and I love the freehand shields in the style of the old decals. Cracking banner, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The freehand and banners are beautiful. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a huge month. The sheer volume of miniatures that you painted this month is awesome. Very effective colors for the bones, they have an old school vibe to them. Your screaming flaming skull banner is a nice touch. It looks like something from the banner competition from White Dwarf 102.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and the dead rise! Great job - especially with that freehand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great, particularly the free hand shields and the banner!

    Tom says: Now I want to steal my dads screaming skull catapult to build and paint for my army!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog