Saturday, February 3, 2024

Mariano Sánchez - Wood elves - Scouts

 Rank and File month #I

Nothing better in the World than to paint green...


As I told one year ago "Here I am, back on the OWAC montly posts and back on the Wood Elves, for the third time!" but now is the fourth time (kind of new tradition for me actually)

In my crazy situation, see previous post, I have to squeeze the options I have to create a list under the TOWC rules. For this month I have some Marauders Wood Elves that I have to paint similar to a previous unit (painted some time ago) in order to have two units of ten elves, command groups included.

We are the ones painted some years ago...

What have I painted this month...?

In January, I like to begin with a not very complicated painting work, for me this means non NMM. And, as years ago, it was not only a fast work but a pleasure to paint this models.


What I have painted:

10 Glade runners (musics and standard bearers) - 192


Time to show you some pics (not many, really):




Now, I´m the owner of to Scouts units with command groups (as if I´m going to pay for the command group on a Scouts unit).

I couldn't get the same bright green color but I think I got close

Hope you like them!


P.S.: The free time I got by painting ultra mega fast was used, in equal parts, for a future OWAC month and for a very special, and a very oldhammer, project I´m workiking on...

2nd P.S.: I almost forget to writte my post!!!. Super fast painter but super slow remembering what I have to do...

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning as always. You must tell me your basing recipe so as that I can be inspired (steal) it.

    My list is based on one present in the 4th ed book (but really it was modified to make 1500pts for 6th and is now being tweaked again for ToW).

    I actually did have a command group in my scouts for the 6th list as you can give them the banner that stops march moves within a 12" radius for a whole 25pts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have the King of the Wood Elves back for a 4th year. It's going to feel very strange when you finally stop painting them.

    In 3rd edition the main benefit of Scouts is that they can skirmish but still fight as a proper melee unit, so giving them command isn't so daft. Plus I love how those carved wooden standard poles look, so I'm glad you included them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely painting again. Have you decided what's next after you are done with the wood elves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beastmen and goblins. Two Armies for two kids, beastmen for Pablo and goblins for Emma. And for sure, no more NMM!!

      Delete
    2. Good choices, they have good taste!

      Delete
  4. Brilliant work - I'm sure these figures have never looked better than they have under your ministrations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orion smiles down on your first month's effort. Simply breath taking. I think my favorite model is the Champion with the two handed sword. Your NMM work is outstanding and all of your colors pop. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work - the speckles (starlight) in the blades is a great touch 💖

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great regiment... too bad the sculpting job is so... well... not to my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are glorious! The two units really do look unified despite the gap in time between painting. The darker bottom half to these minis works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another awesome addition to the massive Wood Elf legion! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog