Sunday, November 26, 2017

Millsy's Carroburg Handgunners and Swordsmen

Hi All,

So my first units and my first 200 points are complete I'm pleased to say. For your edification I present two x 12 man units, one of handgunners and one of swordsmen, totalling 220 points. I wanted to leave the greatswords until I was happy with the overall colour scheme and I'm quite comfortable with how these have turned out.

Both of these units are painted in the traditional Carroburg red with a proportion of black on most to break things up a little. Plain white feathers top things off.




The standard bearer of the handgunners received a small conversion in the form of a plastic Mordheim pistol replacing his sword. I felt this was a bit more appropriate given the unit and it also allows for a little variation in the army as I have three of this miniature from memory.



I'm distinguishing each unit with a "facing colour", used on the bows, sashes and other decorative elements of the uniform. For the handgunners I chose a bright yellow.



The swordsmen received a mid-blue as their facing colour. Shields are painted in a variety of patterns to add extra interest. I'm debating adding a design at some point in white to match their plumes but can't decide what so have left it for now. Maybe a German-style eagle?



I've somehow managed to miss out on the fourth figure from this series so I suspect this unit will grow in size as I account for that and possibly add command elements and a hero.



For now I'm happy with them as is and they will serve as a very effective detachment for the greatswords which are next in the queue.



Cheers,
Millsy

12 comments:

  1. Those shields patterns are great! I also love the contrast of the white plumes against the very dark red and the black of the uniforms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I love them. Empire is my jam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work. Red & black is a color scheme I can get behind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing. Big fan of the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking great Millsy! Really been looking forward to seeing these guys. Some nice conversion work on the standard bearer there too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on these Millsy. I really like the accent unit color idea, I'll have to try that some time. The variation in shields is nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful troops with great paint jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Black and Red is one of the most visually striking color schemes. Excellently executed, and with the white feathers it really sets them all off. Very nice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice. I like the slight variation in the shields.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work on these fellows Millsy.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog