Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Lissanne's High Elf House of the Swallow/Bolt Throwers (200pts)

(Or the Early Bird misses the Mulligan..)



"Now the folk of the Swallow bore a fan of feathers on their helms, and they were arraed in white and dark blue and in purple and black and showed an arrowhead on their shields.  Their lord was Duilin, swiftest of all men to run and leap and surest of archers at a mark"



"And those of the Swallow and the Arch poured arrows like the dark rains of autumn."
 The Book of Lost Tales Part Two, The Fall of Gondolin

This month, 2 repeater bolt throwers from the House of the Swallow, where I started my army, mostly white and purple archers.  Yes, I have more archers than I am allowed to field, because I started painting the House of the Swallow long before I played Fantasy.  If I do anymore archer units, I think I will do some in white and dark blue.  But here are 2 more bolt throwers to match the one I had already done.  An easy month, with no thinking about new color schemes.  My old bolt thrower is in this pic, just because...



Repeater Bolt thrower 100pts each
total 200pts

next month: Back to the Tower of Snow (Swords of Hoeth)

8 comments:

  1. Very cool! I like the way you have graduated the colour on the arms of the bolt throwers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Lissanne! I like the purple colour scheme, it works especially well on the plumes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed that scheme grows on me more and more. Lovely work Lissanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work. Purple can be tricky and you've handled it well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fine addition to your force. Looks like you matched your old paint job well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. strange color scheme for high elves, bit they look very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog