Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Ratwig's Dark Elf Crossbows for December (251pts)


My entry for December: I Hee Ya’s Company of Crossbows.

Eleven Crossbows with a level 10 champion. 251 points total.

Equipment: Hand weapon, crossbow, light armor, Musician. Level 10 hero has a two handed weapon. I will be giving him some type of magic missile to help take out harder targets and provide precision fire support.


I have half of my crossbow requirement completed with this unit. The crossbows were modified with copper wire strings. The musician was converted with a horn that I took from some parts I had on hand. Not much to say on this unit build except I will be using flat black primer on them from now on. 

Sorry, I tried to do the finger nails on the leader, but…


I Hee Ya has served his lord for a long time and is now in command of a small band of missile troops whose mission is to take out anything the boss wants gone.


Drone shot.


Group shot with the witches…

Ratwig out

12 comments:

  1. If it was just about the painting these would we wonderful as it is. The fact you made such convincing bowstrings to boot takes them up to 11!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they were a bit fiddly to add, but I add strings to all my bow and crossbow models. I like to see them even if they are a bit thick scale wise.

      Delete
  2. Great work on both the black and the red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was going for a dark sinister look.

      Delete
  3. Yus plastic regiment minis! These look outstanding man!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I wish I had ten more to add to the unit.

      Delete
  4. They look fierce. I like the detail of the crossbow strings. We'll see if I have the fortitude to try that on my DE XBow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do take up some time to add. My next crossbow unit will have repeater crossbows, so that should be interesting, at least they will be single strand strings.

      Delete
  5. This is a very good job! I like particularly the attention to details, such as crossbow strings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A crossbow's draw weight tells you the amount of effort required to cock the bow. Draw weights are measured in pounds. The higher the draw weight, the more difficult it is to draw the crossbow string. Typically, the higher a crossbow's draw weight the more power a particular bow has. Ravin R10 crossbow

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog