Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Andrea’s Army General and two further Wardancers (205pts)

Hi Folks!
This January force is 205 points worth and include the army general, on steed, and two wardancers.

The general was one of my first wood elf minis, part of the force I used to play in the 4th/5th edition, back in the ‘96. I only changed the steed. 


It was originally an unbarded steed, as it can be expected from a light and swift army like that of forest folk. However, I was impressed by the art drawing of a wood elf general on the army book, whose steed wears a magnificent barding. So, this time I decided to provide the barded steed to match that drawing. Here is the result! 






This is also my first non-metallic sword blade... not so bad, but I think my technique need some improvement. Overall, I am quite satisfied by my new army general!



Then the two wardancers, an old classic! This time I dared something more with war paints, and I discovered that I need a new fine brush!




Finally, the first family picture: the force is half done, 613 points. Oh, do I said I am really satisfied with the grass chosen for basing?



So, who’s next? February will be very busy, so I will go with a single model: the mage riding a unicorn!

That’s all folks, for this month! 


Cheers, A.

12 comments:

  1. Nice painting! How many wardancers are you planning in total, may I ask?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lissanne! There are three further wardancer to be painted.

      Delete
  2. Nice colorful but cohesive force. And good job with the war paints. It is also my first time painting tatoos on my models and it can be quite intimidating

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anthony! Yes, indeed I like the bright colors of the past WHFB editions!

      Delete
  3. Awesome work. There are never enough Wardancers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, that's true: wardancers are never enough! I already have two units of 8-9 elves each with 5th ed. and 6th ed. miniatures!

      Delete
  4. Great choice for the general's steed. He really stands out, as he should, especially in the army shot. A great looking force.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the color on these! Keep it up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent work Andrea, I like the green plumes and your work on the sword.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you guys! The force is starting to take shape and I am enjoying the painting. I am more motivated than ever to go on the project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting the general on the high elves horse. On my opinion it still work because the bard doesn't look heavy. His sword doesn't look properly non metal metal, but it is anyway nice to see and I can suppose it is a "magic sword".
    About the grass. Is it sawdust chip? Are ages that I use it for the grass of my models, looks wild enough for don't give the feeling that the battle takes place on a golf field!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do not wanted to do a NMM work on the blade, just, as you said, something like a magic sword. The grass is from a set for railway diorama (Busch 7190): not really sawdust, it is of some paper-like material.

      Delete

Search This Blog