Saturday, May 12, 2018

Jeff's Dark Elves - End of Challenge

I had great fun doing the challenge, and while I met the challenge goals, I didn't quite meet the goal I set for myself, falling one unit short.  I had planned to get all the required minimums painted in the challenge, but ended up short one unit of 20 warriors.  However, since the Warhammer Armies book is based on a 3000 point force and says to adjust requirements for significantly smaller and larger forces, I feel comfortable saying I have a legal 1500 point force to put on the table.

The army list:
Characters - 20.9%



142 pts: General: Level 15 Hero with Heavy Armor, Shield and a Barded Warhorse


118 pts: Level 10 Wizard
54 pts: Level 5 Assassin with Light Armor, Extra Hand Weapon and Crossbow

Rank and File - 65.7%


242 pts: 20 Warriors with Standard Bearer & Musician


156 pts: 12 Crossbowmen with Standard Bearer


156 pts: 12 Crossbowmen with Standard Bearer
 

170 pts: 10 Witch Elves with Extra Hand Weapons, Crossbows and Poisoned Attacks


116 pts: 2 Repeating Bolt Throwers


145 pts: 2 Whelp Masters with 5 Chaos Hounds

Monstrous Host - 13.3%


200 pts: Hydra

Grand Total: 1499 points


The army prepares to take to the field and bring glory to its Dread Overlord.

9 comments:

  1. Awesome awesome awesome. very well done. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Jeff. That hydra is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a unique looking Dark Elf army. The use of colors other than black & purple is inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, especially the use of bright colours which means they would fit in a Slaanesh army quite easily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful army! Still love the banner on the blue and yellow warriors- so great! And love the warriors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I concur, great looking army. I like how you varied the colors but kept it cohesive. I'm sort of working on my plastic toy monster as well. I think yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome work Jeff! I like the poison green that ties it all together, it's a great and different look to Dark Elves, and it works!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent! I shall be looking at this if I ever get round to painting mine. Great effort :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks all, things are (finally) getting back to normal; I actually managed to pick up a paintbrush for 20 minutes or so last night. :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog