Saturday, December 29, 2018

Arjen's The Bloodbath at Orc's Drift Scenario: The Good Guys.

The Bloodbath at Orc's Drift is a four part scenario written for Warhammer Fantasy Battle second edition and pits the inhabitants of Ramalia against the invading orcs of King F'yar. I was able to run the first 2 scenarios a few years ago using my orcs and some borrowed dwarves and elves. In the mean time I've been able to collect most of the non-orc miniatures to be able to run all 4 scenarios.

So instead of a"legal" 3rd or 4th edition army I ask and got permission to paint several of the scenario's forces for the challenge. The scenario was written for 2nd edition and I've tried to find the best fitting 3rd edition point values for them using the Warhammer Armies book.


Scenario 1: The Wood Elves of Kachas pass:



25 bowmen, Herdil (level 5) and Erdolas (Level 15)
These 25 elf bowmen (3rd edition points) and the 2 characters will comprise a point value of 300+53+133=486. These could be divided in two 200+ point chunks of about 13-14 models each per month

Scenario 2: The Dwarves of Ashak's Rise

6 dwarfs with shield, 5 dwarves with crossbow, Borinn (level 15) and Snorinn (level 5)
The dwarf prospectors consist of 6 dwarves with shield, 5 dwarves with crossbows, Borinn Fimbul, a level 15 dwarf and his son Snorinn Fimbul, a level 5 hero. Together these will be 65+72+134+54=325. This should be feasible in a month. In the scenario the dwarves also have 3 pack-mules, I've been able to find 2 (and I know I should have a 3rd somewhere), I might add them in the same month or use an extra or Mulligan month for those. Technically dwarves are considers "good" but in the scenario these dwarves were of the renegade kind doing some freelance prospecting; greedy bastards.

Scenario 3: Linden Way Militia

20 militia with pikes, 5 militia with bow and mayor Leofwine, captain of the militia
All of the 20 militia with pikes are ex-citadel foundry models, the bowmen are a mix of pre-slotta fighters, some Bretonnians and a norse bowmen. Mayor Leafwine is a model I borrowed from my Talisman project. Together they will represent 140+35+34=210 points. An ideal point amount for a month but it will be a daunting month with 26 models. I might mix them up with some of the other forces to even out the models per month a bit. This scenario also has a whole bunch of villagers, I have some of these as pre-slotta Citadel minis and Foundry miniatures and I might add those to the extra month.

Scenario 4: The engineers of Osrim Chardz

11 dwarf engineers/sappers and Osrim Chardz (level 15 dwarf)
This scenario has several forces as defenders, Brommedir's bows, Osrim Chardz engineers and the druid Ferndale Snart and his patients. I have Brommedir's bow already painted and I'm still collecting the proper minis for Snart's patients so for the challenge I'll paint Osrim Chardz and his 11 dwarf sappers for 134+165=299 points.

The extras:

Brommedir, Brommedir's stand-in, Snart and 2 mules.
As extras I'll try paint Brommedir and Snart (which I was able to buy this month) and 2 mules (and a 3rd if I'm able to find it) and maybe some villagers of Linden Way and Snart's patients (not pictured). The second model from the left was the pre-slotta elf miniature I planned to use for Brommedir before I found the slotta model sold as Brommedir. This model will be my participation fee.

8 comments:

  1. This is a very cool project indeed! Really looking forward to seeing this come to life. Please be sure to share some pics of the games for scenarios 3 and 4 when you play them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Splitting the units when you paint is much easier, doing expensive pt models in with some cheaper pt ones. But I agree, post pictures of the games when you play them1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm insanely keen on this project! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea for a project. I'm glad you're doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an interesting twist on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uauh!!!
    Great proyect!!!
    Good look with the Challenge mate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea. Orcs Drift hold so many memories for me :) recently got Hagar mininiture. Really looking forward to your progress. Good luck

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog