Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Blue's Dwarf Puff & Slash Reinforcements

Hello All!!!

Nice to see you!!  Its been awhile!  Welcome to the Oldworld Army Challenge II!

For the OWAC this year I have decided to return to my first, and largest, Oldhammer Army....my Dwarfs.  Specifically this will be a reinforcement force for my Puff and Slash Imperial Dwarf Army which is made up mostly of Marauder dwarfs and the more recent dwarfs sculpted in the same style from White Knight/TAG miniatures.   

The Marauder Dwarf Pike Block has been a fixture of my army since the late 80's and while I've added to it slowly over the years this will be a great opportunity to give it a substantial boost and also allow me to shift some troops out of this army and into my Bretonnian/dwarf army with the "100-years war style" ...troops like the RoR Bugmans Brewers will shift out of the Imperial army and be replaced by Marauder Crossbow Dwarfs.

Anyway...here is the Army list which totals out at slightly more than 1000pts.


  • 2nd Pike block - 
    • 20 dwarf clansmen with HA, pikes, standard, musician -280 pts 
    • 10 level hero, HA, HW, 2x pistol. -95 pts 
    • Unit TOTAL. -375 pts 
  • Crossbows • 
    • 13 dwarf Xbows, LA, HW. -195 pts 
    • 5 level hero, Xbox, LA, pistol -55 pts 
    • Unit TOTAL. -250 pts 
  • Zweihander reinforcements
    • 2 "Hammerers" HA, DHW. 
    • Unit  TOTAL. -30 pts 
  • Thunderer reinforcements
    • 10 Dwarf  Handgunners, LA, HW, Arq 
    • Unit TOTAL. -130 pts 
  • 5-barrel Organ gun 
    • 3 crew. LA, HW
    • Unit TOTAL. -69 pts 
  • Swivel Gun
    • 2 crew LA ,HW. 
    • Unit TOTAL. -50 pts 
  • Dwarf Sappers. 
    • 8 Engineers HA, HW, DHW
    • Unit TOTAL. -120 pts 
  • GRAND TOTAL. 1024pts
Here are the pre-paint pictures.  As you can see I've got everything mounted on bases and primed.  I even went ahead and made another 25 painting "handles" so that I could get them all mounted and ready for blast off on January 1st!!!
New Painting "handles"


Warmachine Crews, Zweihanders


Handgunners


Pike Block


Sappers


Crossbows
 Well there you have them...this will be a fun ride...and hopefully I will be able to work in a few bonus figures as well.  So follow along for the ride and make sure to check out all the other fantastically talented participants in the Oldworld Army Challenge II!!!

Cheers,


Blue

8 comments:

  1. Really looking forward to this Blue. Your dwarves are a work of art. I really want to see how you're going to paint the dwarf with the Xbox. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sean...me too! Now that I have the Xbow dwarfs primed and started to look at them more closely there is quite a mix if styles in here from guys with basic slouch caps and vests to full puff and slash insanity...so it will be interesting to see how it all fits together when complete.

      Delete
  2. Definitely looking forward to seeing this army.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful miniaturas!!!
    Good luck with the Challenge, mate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is some of my favourite stuff of your Blue. Can't wait to see these additions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh those pikes. My dwarves are more in the imperial style, but even just seeing those pre paint makes me question that choice. Those white knight/tag dwarves are fantastic. I have a smattering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks All...excited to get started in the new year!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog