Thursday, April 30, 2020

Adrian's April troll mailing service (226 points)




-Has been permanently cancelled

I wanted to keep this month a little bit simple so I focused on the biggest (point-wise) units. This is also my first time painting monsters, as my main armies have been dwarfs and eldars. While the later has some especially big units like the old school wraithlords, it is by no means a monster.

For the black orcs I tried also to get some experimental instead the usual greenish/pale orc skin and thought about starting from the purple to more pale-green. In the end, I tried also some purple skins and I quite like the results.







8x more Giant Black Orcs
Light armour + extra weapons
Banner and musician
[96 points]


I loved the old witch design. However, instead of the old iron lady I selected a local witch. It took me an entire afternoon and I am getting to the proper contrast around the freehand for such small scale. It was fun and helped me to continue improving, so objective accomplished.


Also: more checkers for the for the checker god.

Next, the two trolls. Initially I wanted to have a red skinned troll, but I ended doing a mess or "unintentional blanchitsu" with the red ink. so I kept going and it is now delighteously ugly instead of red.



Guest star of the month: a poor militiaman
2x Trolls
with trolly things
[130 points]

Pretty much that's it.
Stay tuned for the next month mental meltdown as I only have left a million of goblinoids for the last batch.

Adrian's out!

7 comments:

  1. Very nice work. I think the purple works well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Black Orc color scheme. It works really well. Nicely detailed standard too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purplish black orcs- what a great idea! I will be stealing that one! They look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! The skin tones on the trolls and Black Orcs are all brilliant! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, the people skin looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purple. Although people skin might well be worn...

      Delete
  6. I'm going with what everyone is saying, get tones on the skin of the trolls and orcs!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog