Thursday, April 30, 2020

Brennan's April Post (253 points)


Oh this regiment!  I was tickled pink to have a go at it!  I have always wanted one, even when I younger and the RoR box sets like this were going away.  I was lucky enough to get the box and a set, I've added a few figs, in a bulk buy a couple of years ago. I thought they would be a great edition to the army challenge.


First the negative.  They are absolutely horrible to rank up.  I really like my figures facing the enemy head on and not looking to the side when in line.  To get these guys to do this was tough.  I got there.  I have to use the three fig unit bases with the tiny round piece.  I only had 2 of these so the use was very strategic.


Other than that I kept to the pallet I have been using all along, but I muted it a little.  These guys aren't elites, even if they are festooned with pistols...  So I wanted the unit to be a little toned down.


I also added a very similarly uniformed chap with a pistol in a dramatic pose.  I though it fit.

A few more pics...


And the command...


And some shields


So that's 21 warriors with musician and standard: 253pts!

11 comments:

  1. Awesome work. I feel your pain. Ranking these dwarfs was an absolute nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful work...great to see them in a non-traditional color scheme as well. excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic looking unit! It is so great to paint those old figs you always wanted to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another classic unit - a worthy OWAC entry indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love the colour scheme and technique, reminds me of an army back in WD for one of the studio members campaigns

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic work and great job getting those models to all rank up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! I like that you steered away from the stereotypical bright red colour scheme and went for a muted one - it works really well.
    These are waiting in my lead pile to be painted, so good to know I'm going to have a challenge with the basing and ranking....
    This is a hefty unit for your army - I'm looking forward to seeing a big group shot of everything together, at the end of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog