Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Jeff Allen's OWAC Wrap up post

Here is my Middenhiem/Kislev Army for OWAC3. This is my 3rd challenge and I think this one was my favorite. It will be the most memorable considering the world changing pandemic going on. 

My first was Chaos, I enjoyed it, but I'm not a Chaos kind of guy, I like order. 2nd was Dark Elves, and I liked that army alot, but The Empire is my first WHFB Army and this is just an extension of that.

I set out to paint what I have without buying anything, and I achieved that. Some of what I painted does not exist in 4th edition so I did have to play a little "counts as" to make the army list work for 4th edition. Like counting Kossars as Empire Troops, or not counting points at all. It's not that big a stretch, IMHO. 


So what can I put on the table? Lets count them up:
5 Knights of the White Wolf.....259 pts
1 Hero(Grandmaster of WW)...65 pts
1 Tsar Boris of Kislev...............0 pts
6 Horse Archers........................96 pts
1 Elector Count.........................100 pts
1 Tzarina Katarin......................65 pts
Wizard Mounted.......................59 pts
Wizard Foot...............................56 pts
21 Greatswords(Kossars)..........189 pts
1 Bear(Filler).............................0 pts
11 Archers.................................88 pts
1 Hero(Boyar)...........................65 pts
1 War Wagon.............................150 pts
10 Greatswords..........................108 pts
10 Winged Lancers....................400 pts

Grand Total of 1700 points!








I want to thank Iannick for putting up with my last minute posts (this being no exception). I got some figures to send to you.

I want to thank my fellow challengers for making this a fun event and congratulations for making it across the finish line.

I'm not sure I'm in for OWAC4 yet, because I've exhausted all my full army of unpainted figures. eBay is calling....

Cheers, Jeff

15 comments:

  1. Of the three armies you painted, that one is my favourite. I like the use of the blue to tie everything up. Lovely force!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to play or sing Winged Hussars every time you move them in a game. It's a rule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, fellow lord! I love this army, and that is my favorite pose so far- but aren't those unpainted figs behind you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A formidable army indeed - congrats on a third successful finish. Your army looks amazing all together. Everything fits , great color choices. Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great looking force...you should be proud of this achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking army and impressive you had these all at home ready to be painted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent work! Really like the mounted fast strike force theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So awesome. Great work on a lovely army. (I don’t think you are supposed to have your wall of shame behind you in your victory photo).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent work! your Winged Hussars are a thing of real beauty and i really like the conversion work that went into them. Hats off to you! I am also extremely envious of the amount of hobby storage space you have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic army! Very clean and nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking army! The colour scheme matches the theme really well, and it gives a really crisp, cohesive look.
    Looking forward to what you bring to the next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking back, that is an impressive amount of cavalry. I really enjoyed the flavour of this army - the blue Knights of the White Wolf make the whole army seem 'colder' and more northern to my mind. Subtle but effective when taken as part of the whole. Congrats on a third OWAC too! :D

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog