Monday, June 21, 2021

Jaeckel's Dwarfs - Leader Month (305 points)

What would be an OWAC without a change of plan? As I am considering extending the painting of this army to the next OWAC, I've decided that my dwarf priest deserved additional thoughts and preparation. As for the mounted captain, my first attempt to paint the poney failed miserably... and instead of insisting, I have opted for other models to field the missing 215 points. 

One character painted among the three initially announced, that's not so bad, isn't it?

 

So, let's start with the Annalist of the company, who happens to be a dwarf wizard of the Marauder range, MM10 DW10.


The second character and current leader of the army is one of the Captains that takes command of the dogs of war when the General is not on the battlefield. The model is the well-known leader of the MB1 regiment:


The third character is one of the MM11 champions, that will lead the bodyguards of the paymaster.


And that's it! I still have a few ideas to explore for my Swiss Grey Mountains mercenary dwarfs (such as clockworkers, a chocolate hot pot, or a "William Tell" quareller), plus a full box of Marauder dwarves waiting for their basecoat, but I have to admit that the initial impetus stemmed last month while painting my crossbowmen.

Anyway, for this last month, we have:

  • One Lvl 15 Hero with light armour and pistol: 132 points
  • One Lvl 5 Wizard with pistol: 80 points
  • One Lvl 10 Hero with heavy armour and two-handed hammer: 93 points

for a total of 1090 points. Field of bones avoided 😅


12 comments:

  1. Wonderful leaders! I hope you continue the army! (ooh...chocolate...mmmm)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well. That was my plan last year with the lost crusade... and nothing happened :|

      Delete
  2. Nicely done Sir and well above the watermark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to next year's Part deux! Great panting on some real classics. I really like the wizard especially

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! But I'm also considering Chaos, elves and Nippons... So may choices, some many OWACs

      Delete
  4. Bags of character on those Marauder Dwarfs, much respect in your general direction. And that wizard! Something about his "umm, excuse me?" pose is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I hope I can paint his twin with the crosier and the mitre next year!

      Delete
  5. Quality! The guy with his hammer and pointy finger is one of my favourite dwarfs - a lot of reminisce right there! Congrats on completion, I'm looking forward to what promises to be a cracking army shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes. The hammer guy is one of the models bought 30 years ago. Second time I paint it, with some improvement :)

      Delete
  6. Great job as always. Especailly loving the captain with the gun, the subtle lights on the helmet and the red and black clothes are superb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some intriguing ideas to add to the Dwarves next time round but I must admit I'd love to see a Nippon army from you - been slowly collecting minis for one of my own. After your inspirational Lost Crusade, I'd also love to see you tackle Chaos. Fantastic work on some of my favourite Dwarf minis - Bravo on a very beautiful army!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog