Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Mariano Sánchez - Make the forest great again (1364 pts)

First of all, this has been my first OWAC and I´m really happy I finished it!! I did it!!!!

A proud guy with his proud army

After the OWAC, my hype on my wood elves army is really high so I´m eager to start a new one. But first, What have I learned on the OWAC?

On the negative side:

Mix family + Work + OWAC is hard, sometimes really hard

Create an all infantery army and painted them on nmm really setted myself to the limit

The painting rutine could kill your motivation

On the positive side:

I have painted 73 miniatures!!!

They look really cool all together

Wood elves army continues growing

I have painted units that I’m no sure I would painted out of the OWAC

They look really cool all together

Have I commented they look really cool all together???


What I have painted on the last six months:

 

1 Hero L5 (48) + Spear (1) + Heavy armour (3) + Shield (1)

Total: 53

1 Hero L5 (48) Two handed weapon (2) + Heavy armour (3)

Total: 53

1 Hero L10 (88) + Heavy armour (3) + Shield (1)

Total: 92

10 Glade runners (16) 160                                                                            

Total: 160 

9 Lord´s bowmen (12) Musician and statandard bearer (24) Light armour (2) 1 Hero N5 (48) Two handed weapon (2) + Long bow (3) + Light armour (2)                            

Total: 209 

9 Lord´s bowmen (12) Musician and statandard bearer (24) Light armour (2) 1 Hero N5 (48) Long bow (3) + Light armour (2) + Shield (2)                                                               

Total: 208 

 19 Warrior kinbands (9) Musician and statandard bearer (18) Spear (1) + Light armour (2) 1 Hero N5 (48) Two handed weapon (2) + Heavy armour (3)                                       

Total:305 

19 Warrior kinbands (9) Musician and statandard bearer (18) Light armour (2) 1 Hero N5 (48) Two handed weapon (2) + Heavy armour (3)                                                      

Total: 284 


Total points: 1364

And now, time to see the final pics:

Glade runners




Lord´s bowmen A






Lord´s bowmen B




Warrior kinbands A




Warrior kinbands B (AKA Eternal Guard)





Hero L5 A



Hero L5 B



Hero L10


The army "on the field"


The current status of my Wood Elves army


What´s next for the army? Well, as soon as I have some free time I'm going to set up some cavalry units and the falcon riders and, hopefully, I will paint it on the next OWAC...

18 comments:

  1. ABSOLUTE SOLID GOLD.
    Man, that is a glorious sight!
    Congratulations on what must've been a really tough challenge with the soopadoopa high standard of painting you set yourself.
    Absolute stand out - great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a real joy watching more of these appear every month - and then it turns out you've painted more miniatures than I did, too! The forest light NMM effect is brilliant. Well, it's all brilliant, but that's the brilliant icing on the brilliant cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first OWAC! Impressive army and impressive output!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome army, so beautiful and shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice paint job, well done in completing the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely jewel of an army and very fitting of the subject matter! Congrats on finishing your first OWAC in such style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic army! I hope to see more next year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done! Super quality of painting in each and every figure! Each unit looks great. The whole army is stunning! Those intense colours give them an otherworldly quality. These are probably my favourite oldhammer figures and you've done a top-notch job on them. Fantastic to see so many of them on a tabletop together.
    Can't wait to see what you choose to work on next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb! Congratulations on your first OWAC. Your Wood Elves are simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you did it...and you did it in style!! some of the absolute best painting on these figures that I have seen...they positively jump off the screen. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So you did about as many models as me... but ye gods, you did them SO MUCH BETTER. I'm deeply impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a truly amazing achievement. The gold standard for wood elf armies from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your army is just gorgeous! The quality of painting is top notch - Crisp detail, stark & cohesive colours, smooth transitions and nmn. How you managed to paint so many at this quality level is beyond me. Very impressive work. I will surely come back to these photos when paining my wood elves.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just lovely wood elves!
    An elegant victory, congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog