Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Jaeckel's Dwarfs - Rank & File IV - Thunderers (156 points)

Once again, painting the fourth and last mandatory unit of the challenge has proven to be a difficult task. Blame the blue, a color I struggle with, and a "déjà-vu" feeling, as I had already painted most of these models at least once. Anyway... 

Lucerne was one of the Swiss Cantons I had not addressed yet. The omission is now rectified with this second regiment of thunderers, wearing the blue-and-white colors of their clan.

Coat of arms of the Canton of Lucerne (triangular painting in the Chapel Bridge, Lucerne)
 

Nothing particular to mention on the thunderers, all from the Marauder Miniatures range. I'm not particularly happy with the standard-bearer, but my painting mojo was too low to adorn the banner with runes or dwarf patterns of some sort. Anyway... the fourth regiment is done!


In terms of points, we have 156 points of thunderers, with musician and standard-bearer... which means that I still have to paint more than 300 points for the last month!

Back to brushes...

18 comments:

  1. Lovely as always, and the blue/white is very traditional looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work on some lovely oldhammer minis. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous and so full of character. Even with low mojo you always bring out the very best in the sculpts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maahh. Looking at them closely, I know that I should have spent more time on them. Thanks anyway.

      Delete
  4. Lovely work! The dwarf, back row first from left is my favourite - I remember he has a sneaky face, like he taking VERY particular aim 😂
    Good luck with the last month, I hope the mojo returns. I'm guessing the level you're painting these at, one rank and file model must seem like a veritable mountain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well. It's more that I had no "kind of" fun idea to introduce here. No bear, no fool, nothing at all. Hopefully this should be different for the last month.

      Delete
  5. Pretty neat unit. You got a perfect and natural white with the clean grey shadows, especially on that banner. Love the one with the hat and pistol that you posted earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Check my blog, I have posted a picture for each dwarf if you want to see them more closely.

      Delete
  6. Lovely work, as usual! Really like the tones and soft blends you get on those whites.
    Good luck for the last month! You're within 300 points of the finishing line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. The leader should be an easy 200 points. Still 100 points to find!

      Delete
  7. Incredible work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always a pleasure for the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well if you're going to use Dwarfs, you might as well make a half decent job of them. nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous technique, really love the blue and pale grey - I feel you about the banners, hope you find something cool to add to them at some point because they're calling out for adornment!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog